Hero Images with HC Branding?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
Hero Images with HC Branding?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Courtesy of Hannah Lipow & Canva

How to Have Fun Without Leaving your Dorm Room

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St. John's chapter.

Campus life can be extremely stressful when you are loaded with class work, limited funds, and “adulting”. All you really want and need is some good TLC for yourself. My favorite way of accomplishing this is by chilling in my room. I know “that must be so boring!” Well I’m here to shift that narrative and say that that you can actually have a great time in your room. Here is a list of some great ideas to do by yourself or with friends to turn your boring nights in, into your most memorable dorm experiences. 

• Self Care Sunday: Do face masks and scrubs, and have a nice cup of tea or coffee. 
  • Movie Night in with the Crew: Grab your friends and watch movies, eat snacks, and have great talks.
  • Catching Up: Call your family and friends on FaceTime, Zoom, or over the phone, to catch up and reminisce.
  • Karaoke Night: Sing songs and vibe with your roomies and friends.
  • Game Night with the Crew: Gather your friends to play games like Uno, Monopoly, or whatever games you love and have a great night.
  • Binge Watch: Watch your favorite show and binge it in bed. 

All of these fun ways of spending time alone or with friends, allow you to socialize or take time for yourself without feeling bad about it. Please prioritize yourself, enjoy company, take breaks when needed, and always have fun in every moment. No matter what, don’t feel obligated to go somewhere because everyone else is.  Staying in can be fun too!

Leah Minerve

St. John's '24

Hello Everyone, I am Leah M., a Sophomore Journalism major and PR minor here at SJU. I can't wait to write about the experiences that women especially can connect, understand, and reflect upon while sharing personal stories from my own life. My goal always is to be a voice for the unheard and bring light to the stories we rarely tell.♡