This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St. John's chapter.

Lately, my attire has consisted of leggings, sweatpants, and maybe if I am lucky or have a Webex meeting, the combo of a normal shirt with pajama pants. I went from taking pride in what I wear and picking out my outfits the night before to literally rolling out of bed and shaking out the wrinkles. But, Spring is upon us people! I love Spring because fashion gets a fresh start and new trends pop up everywhere. I will say that when I do get dressed for the day, I feel much more productive and a little better about myself. Of course, we do not want to break the bank either, so I put together 5 ways you can spruce up your outfit for this Easter and Spring. (Yes these outfits are compatible with your couch.)

Colored Jeans

This one may seem a little early 2000’s, but colored denim is a great way to add some color to your everyday style. You can literally make any outfit happier just by throwing on a pair of bright pants. Plus, these act as a statement piece and you can go totally basic with every other part of your outfit.

Floral Scarves

This accessory not only adds a pop of color to your outfit, but it also adds a little bit of warmth if you are someone like me who is literally always cold. Again, these add so much color that the rest of your outfit can be as basic as a pair of leggings and a white shirt. They dress any outfit up and embrace the changing of seasons. You can wear them so many different ways too!

Cardigan Sweaters

Another great way to keep warm as the seasons slowly turn: cardigans. They are an easy way to add a little sweetness to any outfit. They dress up any pair of jeans and are a great option for your quarantined Easter. Even if you are not out celebrating like normal, you can still dress like you are.

Statement Earrings

Statement earrings are another accessory that can make any outfit look a little nicer and happier. Almost everyone owns at least one pair and just popping on a pair makes your outfit scream Spring fashion. You will not even need to put on any other jewelry for the day. Experiment with different colors and styles and see what looks best!

Rompers

These are my personal absolute favorites. Especially because sometimes they look just like dresses but are so much more comfortable. As the weather gets gradually warmer, sport a romper and look like you put much more effort into your outfit than you actually did. The best part is, you do not even have to match tops and bottoms.

Taylor is a Senior English major at St. John's University. After college, she plans on pursuing graduate school and a career in Higher Education Administration.