Healthy Habits to Adopt Into Your Everyday Life

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St. John's chapter.

With the stress of midterms coming to end, we’ve all been stretching ourselves out far more than we should. So, how do we get back into our normal routine and make sure that we take care of ourselves? Here, I have compiled some healthy habits to incorporate into your schedule to get you back on track. 

1. Drink water 

I know it seems self explanatory and I’m sure you’ve heard it a million times; but drinking water really is a good way to stay healthy and keep yourself hydrated while working or studying. A great way to start this habit is to keep a bottle of water by your bed and drink it as soon as you wake up. Remember to keep refilling your bottle throughout the day to get your full 8 glasses! 

1. A list a day keeps your mind at bay 

With school, work and having a social life, it can be hard to keep up with everything we have going on. An easy way to stay organized is start your day by making a list. It’s a visual way to see everything you have to do in one place. Keeping a list also makes tasks more efficient when guranteeing that we get everything done. 

1. Take a mental health moment 

It can be hard to dedicate a whole day to work on your mental health. However, if you  just take at least 30 minutes a day to do something that makes you feel good, whether that’s a nap, reading a book or watching an episode of your favorite show, it can make the biggest difference in an overwhelming day. My personal favorite destressing tactic is to watch Netflix, but I do admit that it can be addictive. Try your best not to get distracted by setting an alarm so that you stay productive! 

By adding even one of these habits into your daily routine can make the biggest difference in how we function. I hope that adding one if not all of these makes life a little easier! 

Kaila Lightburn

St. John's '24

Hello my name is Kaila, I’m a Junior at St. John’s University. I am a Public Relations major with a minor in fashion studies. I am also an ambassador, a mentor and apart of the campus magazine and some of my hobbies include watching movies, hanging with friends and reading!