Fun Things to do This Fall With Your Friends in NYC!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St. John's chapter.

The autumn season is something that many people love. We take pleasure in the little things like pumpkin spice, sweaters and scary movies. Now is the perfect time to round up your friends and take advantage of what the season has to offer! Here is a short list of fall-themed activities to do around New York City.

The amazing maize maze: Queens, NYC

Take a trip to the “countryside” and visit Queens County Farm Museum for the perfect autumnal experience! The Amazing Maize Maze is a three-acre corn maze that spans most of the farm’s property. This is New York City’s one and only corn maze, which is filled with clues and tasks to hunt for while you navigate the pathways!

The green-wood cemetery: Brooklyn, NYC

If you’re looking for something spooky, head over to Brooklyn for a haunted adventure! The Green-Wood Cemetery, established in 1838, offers music and entertainment throughout the fall and winter seasons. They take guests underground into the Catacombs where you can enjoy performances from local musicians and other entertainers. If you’re a history buff (like myself) you might also enjoy the tours of architecture and storytelling that are offered, as well!

the village halloween parade: Greenwich village, manhattan, NYC

If you want something timeless and fun, put on your best costume and visit The Village for its annual Halloween Parade! This is something people of all ages can enjoy, with music and performances for everyone to watch. The procession starts on October 31st at 7 pm and runs from Sixth Ave at Canal Street all the way up to 15th Street. Bring your besties, show up in your spookiest costume, and have some classic Halloween fun!

boating tour around central park: central park, NYC

The best way to see the fall foliage is to take a boat ride that circles around Central Park! Watch the colors of the trees change and relax on the water. It’s perfect for a potential date, or just to go out with your friends.

Sara Fochi

St. John's '26

NYC | NJ i like to write. anthropology major. follow me on instagram :) @sarafochi_