Style > Beauty

Fall in Love with these Valentine’s Day Makeup Looks

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St. John's chapter.
Ruby Red Lipstick

A red lipstick is a classic beauty staple in every makeup lover’s bag. Valentine’s Day is a perfect time to whip it out for some pouty red lips. It’s a classic look for a date out with your boo or wear it out for dinner that you treat yourself with. 

Some of my personal favorites reds are:

– NYX Cosmetics Liquid Suede Cream Lipstick in Kitten Heels

– Milani Soft Matte Lip Creme in Amore

– Fenty Beauty Stunna Lip Paint Longwear Fluid Lip Color in Uncensored 

Go Monochromatic

Monochromatic makeup keeps you looking super chic but is also incredibly simple by relying on one color for your face, lips, and eyes. It’s a great option for something easy, quick, and effortless! 

Heart Eyes for You

What’s a better time to get out of your comfort zone than V-Day! Go all-in with the Valentine’s Day theme by adorning your face with hearts using mini heart stamps, drawing them on using eyeliner, or even use a stencil. There are many ways to go about this look but don’t stress too much just have fun! 

Pretty in Pink

This is a no brainer when it comes to Valentine’s Day makeup. Pink is a definite must for your look.  Whether you just go for a simple pink gloss, pink eyeshadow, or even some blushing pink on the cheeks…. THINK PINK.

Pop Some Purple

Who says that you can’t use purple? Doing a little something different is a great way to stand out. Using a pop of color under your eyes is a beauty trend on the rise in makeup. You can definitely count on seeing a lot of peeps wearing this look out this time of year! Keep your lids neutral and use a purple pencil to line the water and lash line and then use a purple eyeshadow to smoke it out!  

Izzy is a sophomore Journalism major at St. John's University. She is from San Jose, CA but recently moved to New York State. Izzy loves clothing and especially wearing fun colorful makeup. Izzy spends a lot of her time volunteering and helping others, as well as spending time with her family and friends. She also loves to cook and enjoys music, playing six self taught instruments.
Chanelle Norman

St. John's '20

Chanelle is a graduate of St. John's University '20 and former Editor-in-Chief for the chapter. When she's not sleeping for ungodly hours at a time she spends her time reading, writing and watching movies. She's pursuing her dreams of working in the book industry.