The Evolution of Leonardo DiCaprio

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St. John's chapter.

In the 88th Academy Awards Leonardo DiCaprio was (finally!) the winner for Best Male Actor in a Leading Role for his role in The Revenant.

One of his best break out movies, and by far my favorite movie he was even in was What’s Eating Gilbert Grape which also starred Johnny Depp. Dicaprio was only 19 years old when he filmed for the movie. If you haven’t check it out, head over to Netflix now and you will see why. 

Dicarprio, who is 41 years old, was born in Los Angeles, California to a German mother and an Italian father. He is their only child, but thank goodness because we can’t have more of DiCaprio’s genes running around. 

He was born November 11, 1974. For those of you who’s astrological sign matches best with Scorpios, Leo is the man for you. He was also born in the Year of the Tiger.

His lifelong friend of 20 years is Tobey Maguire. They met at the age of 13.

Not only is he an amazing actor, but also an environmentalist who has always cared about animals. He used to carry his pet lizard on set with him according to Kathy Bates.

But what matters is that he dies for his women (I’ll never let go, Jack!), can open the car without even using his hands, and live inside the horse as shelter which is a great Airbnb.

Reza Moreno

St. John's

I am 19 years old from Southern Califronia currently a student at St. John's University. I love writing about fashion and sports. My hobbies include designing clothes, writing poems, and reading!
Contributor Account