Danny Iannello, CPHS ’18

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St. John's chapter.

Name: Danny Iannello

Age: 18

Relationship status: Taken

Hometown: Ozone Park, Queens, NY

Commuter or Resident: Commuter

Are you glad that you stayed home for college?: “I wish I would have dormed. I wish I would have been able to have that experience but I feel like I make the most of St. John’s.”

Major: Physician’s Assistant Program

Favorite Band: The Maine

Favorite Hobby: Exploring new places

Favorite Animals: Penguins and snakes

What is Something Most People Don’t Know About You?: “I have a green belt in Karate.”

Three Words to Describe Yourself: Honest, Trustworthy, Assertive

Favorite Thing About St. John’s: “Intramural [Sports], because that’s where I made all of my good friends.”

Favorite Place on Campus: Marillac Terrace

You’re part of Project Sunshine, can you tell me about it, and why you joined it: “Project Sunshine is a nationwide organization that tries to bring happiness to children; mostly those who suffer from various illnesses. I joined Project Sunshine because I really wanted to do volunteer work in hospitals and stuff related to the medical field, especially because of my major. I’ve always been interested in the human body and learning about it, and I like working with kids. I just thought it was the best opportunity for me to do service and enjoy it.”

What is your favorite thing about Project Sunshine?: “My favorite part is seeing how happy and excited the kids get when I come to do crafts and play with them.”