Brandon Tyler Gomez ’18

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St. John's chapter.

Name: Brandon Gomez

Age: 19

Hometown: Norwalk, CA

Year: Sophomore

Major: Economics

Relationship Status: In a relationship

Favorite Food: Mexican

Favorite Musician: 21 Pilots

Favorite Movie: The Benchwarmers

Fraternity: Pi Lambda Phi

Why did you decide to join Greek Life?

“I decided to join Greek Life because I wanted to be apart of something bigger than myself and to have the feeling of comradery with a group of guys that have the same ideals as me.”

Brandon is apart of the Economics and Finance Society and hopes to hold a position in future years. He also hopes to hold an executive board position in his Fraternity, Pi Lambda Phi. He is looking to get an internship in the business world next semester or summer, particularly one in the finance or marketing fields.

One of Brandon’s passions is Rugby, attributing a lot of his values to the sport. “I started playing rugby my junior year of high school and haven’t looked back. I love the game and especially the Polynesian influence it had because the majority of my teammates and coaches were Polynesian. It showed me the importance of respecting others in all aspects of life, but also how faith and family can have a major role in your life when you allow it to.” Brandon is apart of a group effort to return the club rugby team to St. John’s! With the help of current students and alumni, who played in the 80s. They want to get a team playing competitive games by Spring!

A Junior at St. John's Univerity, President of Theta Phi Alpha- Alpha Epsilon Chapter, and Public Relations Chair for SGI! I am very involved on campus, and it's rare to find me anywhere else!  Originally from San Francisco, I am now an east coast lover! My major is Public Relations, and I aspire to be a college admissions counselor or a corporate recuiter!  Find me studying in DAC, hanging out with my sisters on the Great Lawn, or in line at Dunkin'!