Black Women-Owned Businesses You Should Be Shopping with This Fall (and All the Time)

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St. John's chapter.

2020 brought many issues of racial injustice to the forefront. In doing so, it encouraged people to support Black-owned businesses that are often under-appreciated. Many young, Black entrepreneurs are finally getting their flowers for their creativity. I think this is long overdue. If you feel like treating yourself to new jewelry, self-care items, or home decor, below are some Black women-owned businesses you should be shopping with this fall.

EthereallPrincess      

Tyair Dnae is a young and vibrant creator of artistic and trendy pieces of jewelry, waist beads, handbags, and more. Items are crafted by hand, and centered on sustainability and ethics. EthereallPrincess has been my go-to for affordable jewelry that stands out and radiates beauty. Support Tyair as her brand continues to grow, and follow @ethereallprincess on Instagram so you never miss a restock!

The Lam Label

For new and eye-appealing home decor this season, The Lam Label is where I’d turn for rare vintage ceramics. This hidden gem is beyond worthy of checking out, as you are bound to find something distinctive to spice up your home this season. Check out The Lam Label on Instagram at: @thelamlabel

Golde 

Partners, Trinity and Issey, founded Golde in 2017. Their goal is to facilitate self-care so that people can feel great. Their products include Superfood Masks, Lattes, and Detox Kits. If you’re looking to prioritize your self-care, or simply are obsessed with matcha like me, check out Golde for all your health and wellness needs. Take a look at their Instagram at: @golde

Camille Rose Naturals

If you are struggling with hair maintenance or damage, Camille Rose Naturals is home to some staple haircare products in my routine. CEO/ Founder Janell Stephens prides herself on using natural ingredients in her collections which have contributed to the overall health and manageability of my hair. This brand has collections suitable for every hair texture. Additionally, with winter approaching, your hair may need a little extra TLC, and Camille Rose Naturals can provide it. You can also check out this brand’s instagram at: @camillerosenaturals

I promise you won’t regret shopping with any of the businesses listed above. All the owners have drive and dedication hard to come by, and their products reflect this. So, if you find yourself in need of some new jewelry, home decor, self care items, or hair products, buy Black with: EthereallPrincess, The Lam Label, Golde, and Camille Rose Naturals!

Alysha Richards

St. John's '23

19| NY| Hello! My name is Alysha Richards and I am a junior at St. John's University in Queens. I am currently working towards a degree in Legal Studies, and a minor in Journalism. Writing has always been a creative outlet for me. Lover of all things Disney & Marvel.