toa heftiba ZWKNDOjwito unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
toa heftiba ZWKNDOjwito unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Best things to do on Halloween

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St. John's chapter.

It’s Halloween and you have no plans….again. Have no fear! Here are 4 things you can do on to give yourself an awesome Halloween.

1. NETFLIX MARATHON

What better way to spend a Halloween night than under the covers with all the lights off? Put on that scary movie and relax in the warmth of your very own bed. Who wants to spend hours mindlessly walking around in the cold when there is cozy bed waiting for you at home! Right?

Some options, be they scary and not so scary:

Zombieland, Carrie, Warm Bodies, Scary Movie (1-3), World War Z, Psycho, Child’s Play, Orphan, The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Sleepy Hollow, The Cabin in the Woods, etc.

2. Give out Candy

Be your own judge of children’s halloween costumes as you use your power to give those with the best costumes those full-sized candy bars! Plus, if not many kids come to your door….you can always eat all the candy yourself. No one has to know….

3. Take a relaxing bath with Lush halloween products

Imagine sinking into a nice, warm bath as you are surrounded by the bubbles from your Sparkly Pumpkin Bubble Bar. You can lather your body in Nightwing Shower Jelly or drop in a Lord of Misrule Bath Bomb for an extra treat (Try the Lord of Misrule shower cream as well!). For some childlike fun try the Aliens and Monsters FUN as a shampoo, soap, or bubble bath! The possiblities are endless! So go out and buy some products and bathe in Halloween itself! As they say on Parks and Recreation, TREAT YO’ SELF!

4. Go Trick or Treating!

The classic. Just because you’re in the double digits doesn’t mean you still can’t go Trick or Treating. Try going with a niece or nephew if it’ll make you feel less awkward. Remember, growing old is mandatory but growing up isn’t! Go out there and enjoy the one night of the year you can feel like a kid again! (You know, other than on Christmas).

Sophomore at St. John's University, majoring in English (and possibly Psychology or TV/Film still unsure). I am obssessed with TV---Parks and Rec (I'm basically April Ludgate and Andy Dwyer/Tom Haverford/Ben Wyatt/Chris Traeger are all my fictional husbands)  Once Upon A Time, The Goldberg's, Fresh off the Boat, How to Get Away With Murder, Gotham, Modern Family, Doctor Who, Supernatural, Empire, Scorpion, Girl Meets World, Brooklyn Nine Nine, IZombie, Jane the Virgin, Reign, Another Period, Gossip Girl, and One Tree Hill. I love Harry Potter even though I have never actually read the books (The movies were my childhood) but, I've read enough fanfiction and wiki to know what I'm talking about.
Contributor Account