This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St. John's chapter.

During this time of year, we are both stressed with finals around the corner, and excited to know that it is the Christmas season. If you’re anything like me then you were excited once November 1st approached. Being in the holiday spirit has been an important element that has been etched in my heart. Being around family and celebrating the holidays are my best memories from my childhood. Going into adulthood, it is important for me that I keep my Christmas cheer up. It is not just the most wonderful time of the year, but you truly get to enjoy some of the stunning factors that come with the season like the Christmas movies, the food and seasonal beverages, snow and activities such as ice skating, the decorations and gifts, spending valuable time with your family, or simply enjoying Christmas songs every time you enter a store. To put you in the best holiday spirits while preparing you for finals season, I made a playlist that will help you relax and have a little cheer while studying.

Below, you will find a variety of Christmas songs and simply those that will give you the feel of Christmas. It is a total of 27 songs with various artists for an hour and nine minutes ride!

1. “You’re A Mean One, Mr. Grinch”- Tyler, The Creator
  2. “I Am the Grinch”- Tyler, The Creator (feat. Fletcher Jones)
  3. “Whoville”- Tyler, The Creator
  4. “Lights On”- Tyler, The Creator feat. Ryan Beatty & Santigold
  5. ‘Hot Chocolate’- Tyler, The Creator feat. Jerry Paper
  6. “Big Bag”- Tyler, The Creator
  7. “Let It Snow! Let it Snow! Let it Snow!”- Frank Sinatra
  8. “Rockin’ Around The Christmas Tree”- Brenda Lee
  9. “Last Christmas”- Wham!
  10.  “It’s Beginning to Look Like Christmas”- Johnny Mathis 
  11. “Santa Baby”- Eartha Kitt
  12. “It’s the Most Wonderful Time of the Year”- Andy Williams
  13. “What Christmas Means to Me”- John Legend feat. Stevie Wonder
  14. “Here Comes Santa Claus (Right Down Santa Claus Lane)”- Gene Autry
  15.  “Silver Bells”- Dean Martin
  16. “Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas”- John Legend feat. Esperanza Spalding
  17. “My Favorite Things”- Tony Bennett
  18. “White Christmas”- Destiny’s Child
  19. “Santa Bring My Baby Back (To Me)”- Elvis Presley
  20. “Overture (The Nightmare Before Christmas)”- Danny Elfman
  21. “Harry in Winter”- Patrick Doyle
  22. “The Baudelaire Orphans”- Thomas Newman
  23. “Sugar Rum Cherry (Dance of the Sugar-Plum Fairy)”- Duke Ellington
  24. “Holidays (feat. Earth, Wind & Fire)”- Meghan Trainor 
  25. “This Christmas”- Chris Brown
  26. “Santa Tell Me”- Ariana Grande
  27. “Baby, It’s Cold Outside (feat. Darren Criss)”- Glee Cast
Melody Melo

St. John's '23

Hi! I'm Melody Melo I'm currently a sophomore at St. John's University and I'm majoring in legal studies with a minor in French. I love learning about different cultures and adventuring. I’m interested in philosophy and arts, and I enjoy expressing myself through my writing and style.