This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St. John's chapter.

Here in New York City, we have a little of everything and a diverse culture that can inspire us all. There are exotic restaurants, events, museums, and incredible nightlife. There’s an inspiration on how diverse the population is and how individuals can interpret and express their style, which ultimately makes this city one of the greatest. For many artists, New York City is one with extraordinary scenery for photoshoots and art inspiration. If you’re anything like me who wants to take pictures but have no idea where to take them, here are some cool places to have photoshoots in New York City:

Dumbo Brooklyn, Washington Street

Dumbo has become a famous spot to take pictures in and it is due to its amazing view of the Manhattan Bridge. Washington Street locates the perfect picture of the center of the bridge and stoned street. It also offers great places to eat and signature brick walls for nice background pictures.

Stone Street

Stone Street is located in the Financial District of Manhattan and it is one of the oldest streets which can offer a fun and awesome nightlife for you and your friends. The street and lights and great places to eat will give you incredible vibes to take pictures on this historic street. 

MoMa

The Museum of Modern Art brings renovated art and inspiration to us all. You can take amazing pictures with all of the art and exhibits that please you the most and be inspired by all the outstanding modern art that shapes today’s creations. 

Whitney Museum

The Whitney Museum located in Lower Manhattan has amazing art collections on which you can take incredible pictures on. Not just that, but it also includes great rooftop views where you can go outside, relax and take pictures of the great city.

The Edge

The Edge is a new observatory located at Hudson Yards by the Vessel and it is breathtaking! Its outdoor experience is unforgettable and gives you amazing views of the Empire State, One World Trade Center, and even The Statue of Liberty, an all 360-degree view of the city! It also has an area made of glass where you can walk on and have a city view right under your feet!

Pier 25

Pier 25 is the longest in Hudson River Park with a lot to offer! Pier 25 includes miniature golf, volleyball courts, playground, and bar. It also has a restaurant on a boat called “Grand Banks.” This pier is personally a favorite and it has amazing views of the One World Trade Center. It is a must to go during sunsets where pictures can turn out perfect. 

Guggenheim Museum

The Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum is located in the Upper East Side and it is known for its unique white design that can give your pictures a modern and monochromatic look. This museum offers great artworks and the architecture itself is a masterpiece which is a great place to take pictures! 

North 5th St. Pier

North 5th Street Pier and Park are located in Brooklyn and it has spectacular views of the city skyscraper. If you want pictures with the city as background this can be the place to take it! It has a soothing environment and it is a great place to take a walk and breathe. 

Bethesda Terrace and Fountain 

The very known Central Park offers many amazing spots to take pictures in. However, one of my favorites has to be the Bethesda Terrace and Fountain. This spot gives a sophisticated setting with its neutral brown colors and artistic ceiling. From the staircases to an incredible view of the lake across in where you can most certainly take unbelievable pictures.

I’m Melody Melo currently a sophomore at St. John’s University majoring in Legal Studies and a writer for Her Campus at St. John’s.
Ivy Bourke

St. John's '23

Campus Correspondent for St. John's. I am a Sports Management major with a concentration in Business Administration, and a minor in Journalism. My passion for writing has never dulled so I hope to always use this passion for entertainment, and change.