Style

6 Pastel Clothing Pieces to Wear for Spring

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St. John's chapter.

As we continue this spring season we must come strong with our outfits and colors in this great weather. Having basic clothing items and pastels colors can make for chic and easy outfits that can also help you put together outfits for the summer from your closet. Pastels are definitely in and are becoming a must-have for the spring because it translates to positivity and sweetness due to the soothing color pattern it gives the eye. If you are struggling to buy pastels outfits and how to match them, no worries, I got you! Because pastels are in this spring, almost everything from sportswear to gowns has been renovated to pastels. Here are some top pastels clothing items to wear for spring and have outstanding outfits:

Satin skirt

Recently, satin skirts have become an important item to have in your closet and can make your outfits stand out. Not only are these skirts comfortable but so chic and perfect for spring. When putting outfits together consider the occasion and rock a satin skirt, you can wear it with anything, some sneakers for a picnic or a day out, and also for brunch or a night out with heeled sandals.

Heeled sandals

We’ve ultimately seen heeled sandals everywhere and I’m a total lover of them. With different designs and pastel colors, they can be one of a kind for spring and summer. Dresses/skirts to mom jeans and shorts can all be worn with heeled sandals and make your look complete. Especially if you’re going for a long walk but still want to look chic and classy this is a great option because of how comfortable they are. They come in so many different models and designs that I would fully try to purchase more than one!

Sweater vests

Sweater vests have made a comeback and we are all here for it. Currently, there’re so many pastels sweater vests that can combine with almost everything. You can wear it with a blouse or just turtlenecks and can simply wear the item by itself with flattering bottoms. These give you a classy but comfortable vibe that can be worn in your day-to-day or for brunch. Consider adding sweater vests to your closet because it will give your style another edge. 

Satin dresses 

Similar to satin skirts satin dresses are in and perfect for summer as well. Satin dresses with pastel colors or floral patterns give out a sense of freedom. I say this because satin dresses tend to have a flowy effect and accompanied by pastel colors it gives a soothing feel. These can also be worn for brunches and picnics or even to go to the beach. Match with satin headscarves or can also be worn at night with heeled sandals or boots and a matching jacket. 

Pastel mom jeans

Mom jeans are a basic need because you can build multiple outfits and you can’t go wrong with jeans. Now, consider having pastel mom jeans and matching them with great tops for a spring look! Lilac jeans and soft pink are in and you can experiment with these to coordinate awesome outfits! 

Blazers

Blazers are in my opinion the most essential item to have in your closet. I love blazers because they are comfortable, classy and it makes any outfit better. Neutrals and pastel blazers can be worn with biker shorts, denim jeans, mom jeans, etc. Blazers are a remarkable piece to add to your style and can be paired with anything for almost any occasion. Having it in your closet will surely make combining outfits for the seasons much easier. 

Melody Melo

St. John's '23

Hi! I'm Melody Melo I'm currently a sophomore at St. John's University and I'm majoring in legal studies with a minor in French. I love learning about different cultures and adventuring. I’m interested in philosophy and arts, and I enjoy expressing myself through my writing and style.
Ivy Bourke

St. John's '23

Campus Correspondent for St. John's. I am a Sports Management major with a concentration in Business Administration, and a minor in Journalism. My passion for writing has never dulled so I hope to always use this passion for entertainment, and change.