This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St. John's chapter.

A good jewelry choice does exactly what it needs to in order to bring a whole look together. In my opinion, jewelry serves to accent whatever it is you want to flaunt. This is only where the fun begins. Coming from someone who only recently began implementing jewelry into her wardrobe, I can say that it makes a major difference. Below are some of my absolute favorite pieces that I believe are worth investing in….you’ll thank me later.

Hoop Earrings

Hoop earrings are one of those everlasting styles that will always belong in one’s jewelry collection. They are incredibly versatile-you can wear gold hoops to pull off your summer looks and lobes stacked with little ‘huggies’ for a more modern way of wearing diamonds. Despite popular belief, hoops earrings range from more than just a typical large circular look.

Pearl Necklaces and Bracelets

If you are shooting for simple elegance you have to check out pearls. I love adding a good pearl necklace to a strapless or thinly cut outfit, adding a subtle hint of effortless class. Invest in pearls and highlight even your most basic spring outfits. 

Colored Gemstones

Not embracing the entire color spectrum in our wardrobes should be a crime, especially during the warmer weather. From lush emeralds and gorgeous rubies to the numerous hues of precious gemstones nature has blessed us with, the options are endless for every style and skin tone.

Cocktail Rings

Cocktail rings rose to popularity in the 1920s during the Prohibition era. These oversized rings were used as a prop for flapper girls to draw attention to their alcoholic drinks, hence the name. The amazing thing about such intricately designed jewelry is that just one piece can go a long way and make a bold statement. I usually wear cocktail rings to emphasize my independence and growing self-confidence.

Classic Watches

Watches are one of the best and easiest ways to add the finishing touch to any everyday outfit. Rectangular dials are considered to represent elegance whereas round dials are more universally flattered. Start by picking out the color metal that you wear the most, then consider your budget a guide to deciding on the best materials and artistry for your very own classic catch. 

Hello! My name is Kona, and I’m currently a freshman Business major on the Business Law track. I love all things fashion, healthy living, and books. My friends and family would describe me as a hard working, thoughtful and easy going.
Ivy Bourke

St. John's '23

Campus Correspondent for St. John's. I am a Sports Management major with a concentration in Business Administration, and a minor in Journalism. My passion for writing has never dulled so I hope to always use this passion for entertainment, and change.