4 iPhone Apps Every Student in NYC Should Have

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St. John's chapter.

1) Fever

You and your friends tired of doing the same things every weekend? Fever can help with that! It’s a free lifestyle app that will find you the best events all around the city. When you sign up it’ll ask you to choose three hash tags, some of the choices are foodie, fashion, film, music and many more. You can also follow people and see what event they’re going to. Fever will reveal New York City’s best-kept secrets, from great places to eat, awesome art exhibits, exclusive concerts and giveaways.

2) Lyft

Lyft is the driving service known for their pink mustaches. You could say it’s a less expensive version of Uber. There are 3 options you can choose from Lyft, Lyft Line- a more affordable way to ride. You share a ride with another person going the same way; you can save up to 60%. And finally Lyft plus- will match you with a larger vehicle perfect for a group of people.

3) Embark NYC Subway

The subway is one of the key things you should know while living in the city. This app will tell you which subway line to take and what time the next train arrives. Just put in your current location and where you want to go.

4) Around Me

In the city and never know what’s near you? Well the app Around Me will help you. Whether you’re looking for a bank/atm, bar, coffee shop etc Around Me will show everything in your vicinity.

19 year old student at St. John's University, majoring in Public Relations minoring in Business and Fashion Studies. Traveler. Shopaholic. Foodie.
just livin'.