10 ways to fight off the fright of finals

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St. John's chapter.

As time flies by and finals approach, the stress is high, but so is the excitement of getting done with a semester and moving on with the year and their college experience. So here is the basic version of 10 ways to balance the odds and make it a smooth ride. Edition: Fall 2015

1.Keep The Health In Check

This doesn’t really mean go to the gym and go for runs, but make sure you’re not eating (or drinking) anything unhealthy that could make you sleep through the study time, or even your exam.

2.Set The Routine

Sometimes habits are hard to kill. The same is the case with good habits, so if you set yourself a routing to study even an hour each day, you can get everything done when the time comes.

3.Determination and Motive

It is very east to lose focus. So don’t crack under pressure and keep the head high.

4.Aim high

Done for the day and still have time? Get some extra work done and clear some backlog. It’s a sure shot to that perfect GPA.

5.Be Real

Don’t just dream of finishing 500 pages of work in one hour. Make sure you know where you stand and set yourself a pace that is possible to deal with.

6.Make Phone Calls

Call home, call your friends, call anyone, it’s always great to have someone to talk to when you need to. One, it’s a great way to relax your mind especially when you haven’t look up from the books for an entire day.

7.Christmas Music

You know it keeps you from losing it. So why not?

8.Hydrate Yourself

Water, milk, shakes, hot cocoa, whatever you like keep yourself hydrated to make it a relaxing phase.

9.Get The Zzzz… Time

Studies…err… obviousness has shown that people who sleep just enough are relaxed enough to take on the pressure of the finals and are more likely to succeed, so stay away from all nighters if you can.

10.Take A Break

I don’t mean to say stop studying, but short breaks every now and then are really a great blessing, go walk around, listen to music, and talk to your friend. Anything. Now is a good time to make a phone call.

Abhi Joshi

St. John's

My name is Abhi. I am a Journalism major with a minor in Film & TV Production at St. John's University. I am originally from Mumbai, India, but New York City is officially my new home!
Anai Perez

St. John's '17

Anai Perez is an alumna of Delta Phi Epsilon and St. John's University, currently working for the Department of Treasury. She is a lover of all animals (none more than her blue nosed pitbull, Blu) and a self proclaimed fangirl who's obsessed with Doctor Who, Sherlock, Harry Potter, Sailor Moon and Game of Thrones.