St. Edward’s Alum Takes Hollywood by Storm

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St Edward's chapter.

Cassidy Schiltz, a former Theatre major from St. Edward’s University, fell to her knees, after finding out she won $100,000 dollars on the “Price is Right” back in October.

The 2012 graduate had an extremely lucky day on the show, even winning $1000 from spinning the infamous Big Wheel, and then a brand new BMW by guessing correctly during the Final Showcase. She went on to become the second-biggest prize winner on the show ever.

Months later, Schiltz is still in shock from her big win.

“I was so nervous and when I kept on winning, spun a dollar, and then won the showcase I was in utter disbelief. I still am! I really can’t believe it. I feel so blessed. It was truly amazing,” she said.

Schiltz’s movie moment on The Price is Right is not too far from her own life in California. The blonde beauty is currently pursuing an acting career and has already appeared in two Lifetime Movies, one called Killer Reality, which released last year.

Despite all of her success, Schiltz hasn’t forgotten about her time spent on the hilltop.

“I loved going to SEU. I really enjoyed my experience there. I still talk to my professors,” she said.

Not only does she keep in contact with her professors from St. Edward’s, but she still is close with friends from school. Two of her friends from St. Edward’s, Jacqueline Harper and Lainey Murphey, both former theatre majors, were in the audience of “Price is Right” with her.

Only in the first month of the brand new year, Schiltz discussed her goals for 2014.

“My goals for the new year are to remain a grounded person, stay in touch with my friends and family, get cast in more roles, and push myself towards success.”

Brooke Lewis

St Edward's

Brooke Lewis is a senior English Writing & Rhetoric major at St. Edward's University in Austin. She has one left semester left and plans to study journalism in graduate school, after graduation. She also is interning at The Austin American Statesman this semester, for the online department. Brooke has been obsessed with magazines since the 7th grade, when she created one with her friends and distributed it to the girls in her grade. Besides writing, Brooke enjoys playing the piano, hanging out with friends, and watching too much DVR'd television. Some of her favorite shows include Scandal, Nashville, Grey's Anatomy, and the Real Housewives franchise (quality television right there). Brooke is excited to be Co-Editor in Chief of St. Edward's chapter of Her Campus this semester!