Moving Quotes from People at the Women’s March on ATX

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St Edward's chapter.

“Girls need to start growing up thinking anything under the sun is attainable. We have a good portion of people who have been socialized to never realize their full potential. That’s a disservice to the world.” -anonymous

“I’m here to show my son that he needs to fight against injustice even when he thinks it doesn’t directly affect him. I’m here in hopes that when he grows up this fight for gender equity is a history lesson. I respect women immensely. I think they’re more advanced creatures than us hahaha why not.” -Mike Torres 

“I’m here for my mom. She was a lesbian. And she…wow you’re going to get me crying already. She passed away before she got to marry the love of her life. I think about her every day…” -Luisa Velez

And then everyone in a quarter mile radius started crying

“It’s really simple. I want healthcare accessible for the women in my life and women everywhere. My son is 26 and I now have 2 grandaughters, I fight for them. and I *chokes up* fight for myself. I’m learning to do that now.” -Lisa Elbrown  

Hannah Saada

St Edward's '18

Hannah is passionate about gender equity and is a Marketing major at St. Edward's University. She's currently the President for HC at her university. Friends can attest she's a serious Netflix addict and 80s movies are close to her heart. When she's not binge watching a new show, you'll either catch her reading or laughing at terrible puns. [S]he's a righteous dude. Follow Hannah on Instagram at @han_saada