Meet Austin from Austin!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St Edward's chapter.

Name: Austin Tibbatts

Age: 23

Major: Business Administration

Classification: I am a senior graduating in December

Hometown: Flower Mound, TX

What organizations are you in?

I volunteer with the Human Rights Campaign, but I’m not in any school affiliated organization.

Do you have an internship/job, if so where and what do you do?

I work as a manager at Zoe’s Kitchen in Sunset Valley.

Why did you choose St. Ed’s? 

I chose St. Ed’s because of the intimacy of such a small student body. You really feel a part of the school rather than just another product of one of those 30,000+ student schools. You have a chance to really connect with professors and peers.

What is your favorite thing about St. Ed’s?

My favorite thing about St. Ed’s aside from how beautiful the campus is, would be the small class sizes. It really helps to be able to form a relationship with your professors, which in turn helps you enjoy the learning process.

If you could give incoming freshman one piece of advice, what would it be?

My advice to incoming freshman would be to get involved with something in the school. I myself did a study abroad semester through St. Ed’s and it was the best experience of my life, but it was the people I met along the way that made it so worth it. Whether it’s study abroad or a sport or a club, just getting involved will open up so many opportunities to connect with people around you which will make your college experience that much better.

Spring Study Abroad Group 2016

What is your favorite thing about Austin?

My favorite thing about Austin is something I can’t really explain too well, there’s just something about this city that seems to draw like-minded people together to form a community of fun, loving, and creative people. It’s just so alive and vibrant.

What is your favorite Austin coffee shop?

The best coffee place would be Once Over Coffee Bar on South 1st street. Super cute deck next to the creek and a great place to get some work done. And the best Bar is hard because there are so freaking many good bars but South Congress Hotel does an amazing happy hour from 5-7 on the weekdays with a classy feel to the place and live music that can’t be beat.

Who has the best queso in Austin?

Best Queso in Austin would be torchy’s in my opinion, I could drink that stuff. But 24 Diner would be a close 2nd for sure.

He doesn’t seem to stay in one place for too long, so if you run into Austin, definitely ask to hear one of his many exciting study abroad stories before he’s off making more!

Hannah Saada

St Edward's '18

Hannah is passionate about gender equity and is a Marketing major at St. Edward's University. She's currently the President for HC at her university. Friends can attest she's a serious Netflix addict and 80s movies are close to her heart. When she's not binge watching a new show, you'll either catch her reading or laughing at terrible puns. [S]he's a righteous dude. Follow Hannah on Instagram at @han_saada