A Lazy Girl’s Guide to Makeup

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St Edward's chapter.

If you are anything like us getting up in the mornings to get ready to go to class is the worst part of your day. Having to leave the comfort of your bed to put some makeup on becomes harder and harder as we get further and further into the semester. A typical morning consists of getting up at the last possible moment to still make yourself look a little alive. For this very reason I have made a list of our top five makeup essentials for a day in which we don’t have a lot of time to get ready.

1. The ultimate college makeup essential would have to be concealer. Between homework, work, and extra-curricular activities there is usually not enough time for sleep which causes designer bags underneath our eyes. For this reason popping a little bit of concealer underneath our eyes is basically a miracle worker!

2. The next step to looking more awake and a little more put together is setting the concealer and your entire face with some powder. The powder will help keep the concealer in place, and putting a bit on your T-zone will help control shine throughout the day.

3. If there is one thing I personally cannot leave my room without doing is attempting to tame my brows. Unfortunately I was not blessed with gorgeous thick, and full brows, so to add a little bit more structure to my face I run some tinted brow gel through my brows.

4. Next comes mascara. This is the key to really opening up your eyes and making you look even more awake. One coat of mascara goes a long way!

5. Last but certainly not least is tinted lip balm. This is the secret to making it look like you really put some time into your makeup. I personally love to go for a red tinted lip balm but any color will work.

6. If you have a few extra minutes before heading to class add just a little bit of blush. This will bring some color back to your face as well as add a bit more dimension.

Next time you are running late to class try some of these tips out! Or even go out and rock a natural face, be confident and do you boo boo.

Student at St. Edward's University, lover of music, theatre, and all things fashion and beauty.
Taylor Duane

St Edward's