This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St Edward's chapter.

If anyone knows me, then they know I LOVE JOHN MAYER. Love doesn’t even describe how much I truly admire him. Hands down, he is my favorite artist of all time and I am currently on a countdown for his concert this August for his The Search For Everything tour!

Here are a couple of my favorite John Mayer lyrics! Thanks for teaching me about life John.

Stop This Train

Ha, every college student. Life is going by too fast and I am not ready for the real world yet. I am scared for what life has in store for, but aren’t we all?  

But if we stopped life, we wouldn’t be who we are today, we wouldn’t make the memories we hold on to.

Gravity 

Probably my favorite John Mayer lyric of all time. It makes me think about life and how I want to always live it positivity. I want to see the good in all situations and in all people. 

Daughters 

I fell in love with this song at 12 years old, so much in fact that I wanted it to be my father-daughter dance song at my wedding (yes, I was one of those who thought of my dream wedding as a little girl sue me). As I grew older, I learned the true meaning of this song, so haha it will no longer be a song I will dance to with my father. This song is about how he could not love this girl because she would not allow him to love her due to her upbringing. I am fortunate to have a wonderful relationship with both my father and mother and I think it is important that we strive to have those important bonds. For many, your dad is the first man who loved you as well as the first man who you loved. He is the man that I compare all men to. My dad taught me how to love and how I want to be loved by a man. My mother has taught me how to be the woman I am today. She is the one who taught me how to be loving, caring, and nurturing. I hope to be half the mother she is one day.

Heart of Life 

Life is hard, like really hard, but that is ok. Life is full of twist and turns, full of heartache and sadness, but that’s what makes it so beautiful. Through all the craziness, there is always hope and love. Imagine life without any of the chaos and how colorless and boring it would be. Those things that we go through are what make us into the people we are today.  I am a firm believer in that everything happens for a reason.

Comfortable 

This is my favorite John Mayer song of all time. It is such a sweet love song and what girl wouldn’t want to be told these lyrics?! He loved every bit of her and all her imperfections. Their love is what was perfect, which made them perfect for one another.

Elizabeth Gonzales

St Edward's '18

John Mayer lover, coffee enthusiast, and avid concert goer. Best Buddies and Young Life   Ecclesiastes 3:11  
Hannah Saada

St Edward's '18

Hannah is passionate about gender equity and is a Marketing major at St. Edward's University. She's currently the President for HC at her university. Friends can attest she's a serious Netflix addict and 80s movies are close to her heart. When she's not binge watching a new show, you'll either catch her reading or laughing at terrible puns. [S]he's a righteous dude. Follow Hannah on Instagram at @han_saada