Campus Cutie: Sydney Garcia

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St Edward's chapter.

Age: 20

Major: Environmental Science and Policy

Grade: Junior

Hometown: Tomball, Texas 

Relationship Status: Single

What activites are you involved with on campus?
I’m on the Rowing Team at school, in the Students for Sustainability Club, French Club and American Sign Language Club. 

Which three TV shows are your favorite ones and why?
My favorite tv show ever is “Golden Girls,” because those old ladies are the funniet people and actually give good advice. I also love “The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon” because I believe he is America’s Sweetheart, and he’s always hilarious. I also love “Freaks and Geeks” just because it was such a cute and funny show, and I can probably quote the entire series. 

If you had to pick one celebrity to hook up with, who would it be and why?
I’d probably hook it up with a young Leonardo DiCaprio because of movies like “Titanic” and “Romeo + Juliet.” Heck even if he wasn’t young, he’s still beautiful.

Which do you think would be worse: counting every grain of sand on a beach or counting every drop of water in a lake? 
I guess I would count the drops of water in a lake, but I don’t really know why. Both of those situations sound stressful and agonizing. 

If you only had one day left to live, what would you do?
If I only had one day left to live I would start a huge group hug for the entire day starting with my family and friends and die surrounded by the people I love. 

What is your idea of a fun night?
My idea of a fun night would be playing some sand volleyball or bowling with my friends, then we’d all go home to play Pictionary and watch “Office” episodes.

If you could choose a fictional world to be stuck in, which would you chose and why?
I would definitely want to be stuck in the world of Hogwarts and Harry Potter because who wouldn’t want to be a wizard and cast spells and fly on brooms?

What’s your best memory of college so far?
My favorite memory of college so far would be  my entire study abroad experience in France. I can’t pick just one memory from that because the entire trip of traveling and experiencing new cultures with my friends was an awesome experience. 

If you had to give advice to incoming college freshmen, what would you say?
My advice to freshmen is to take the classes you’re interested in and do what you love. You don’t want to be stressed out of your mind your first year in college because it’s just gonna make you miserable for the next four years. Study abroad, make good choices, join clubs, get good grades, but mostly have fun!

Samantha is a Senior English writing and rhetoric major at St. Edward's University in Austin, Texas. She just got back to America after studying abroad for a semester in Angers, France. On top of writing for Her Campus, Samantha is a teaching assistant for freshman writing classes and a news reporter/ social media editor for Hilltop Views, her campus newspaper. Follow her on twitter @samanthdriscoll and instagram @sdrisco.