Campus Cutie: Morgan Carlson

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St Edward's chapter.

Name: Morgan Carlson

Hometown: San Diego, California

Relationship Status: It’s complicated

Age: 20

Grade: Junior

Major: Communications with a specialization in interpersonal and organizational

Where do you see yourself ten years from now?

I see myself not in the US, hopefully somewhere in Europe–I don’t really know where.  Hopefully settled down and hopefully with a kid, as funny as that sounds. I would have liked to have done a lot more traveling and exploring of different cultures.

If you could invite anyone, dead or alive, to dinner, whom would it be and why?

I would probably invite my dad’s dad. I never met him; he died when I was 6 months old. I really don’t know anything about him except he’s Canadian, so in turn I don’t really know a lot about my dad.

Which is better: Texas or California?

California is way better. First off we trump Texas on Mexican food, hands down. We have the beach and Disneyland…what more could you ask for?

Who would you want to play you in the movie version of your life?

Jennifer Lawrence. She’s so real–she likes to eat, and she’s a bad ass. I mean, her in Silver Linings Playbook is redic.

Who are you closest to in your family?

My mom. She’s been through hell and back with me, and she’s always had my back even when I’m half a world away in France. We still talk every day and Skype at least once a week–I really miss her.

What qualities do you look for in a significant other?

That is a loaded question. Well first and foremost, honesty. That is a deal breaker for sure. They have to like to travel and experience new things, food, people, places. They have to be laid back, not stressed out easily. They have to be a family guy; family is very important to me. He has to be supportive and always have an open mind–that is another deal breaker for me–and he has to love the beach or else we won’t get along!

Samantha is a Senior English writing and rhetoric major at St. Edward's University in Austin, Texas. She just got back to America after studying abroad for a semester in Angers, France. On top of writing for Her Campus, Samantha is a teaching assistant for freshman writing classes and a news reporter/ social media editor for Hilltop Views, her campus newspaper. Follow her on twitter @samanthdriscoll and instagram @sdrisco.
Brooke Lewis

St Edward's

Brooke Lewis is a senior English Writing & Rhetoric major at St. Edward's University in Austin. She has one left semester left and plans to study journalism in graduate school, after graduation. She also is interning at The Austin American Statesman this semester, for the online department. Brooke has been obsessed with magazines since the 7th grade, when she created one with her friends and distributed it to the girls in her grade. Besides writing, Brooke enjoys playing the piano, hanging out with friends, and watching too much DVR'd television. Some of her favorite shows include Scandal, Nashville, Grey's Anatomy, and the Real Housewives franchise (quality television right there). Brooke is excited to be Co-Editor in Chief of St. Edward's chapter of Her Campus this semester!