photos by lanty zUU73lEdcBU unsplash
photos by lanty zUU73lEdcBU unsplash

Campus Cutie: Isabella Castro-Cota

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St Edward's chapter.

Hometown: El Paso, TX

Major: Communication 

Dream Career: “To work in some sort of non-profit that helps women who have been victims of domestic abuse.”

If you could go shopping with anyone in the world, who would it be? 

“ASAP Rocky. He has good style, has lots of money, and I want to date him. We would start off in New York and go to Barney’s, and then move to Acne because I really love their clothes. Then we would walk around Soho, and afterwards we would casually fly to Europe. This would be like a week long thing, that could turn into a year long thing, and then result in marriage.”

What is your weirdest childhood memory?

“I don’t remember this, but my parents always remind me that I ate a cockroach one time.. they never let it go. I was obsessed with cockroaches, and one time I just ate one. I have no recollection of this.”

What is the best concert experience you’ve ever had?

“Childish Gambino was really good at his late night show last year. We were so close, he was so good, and the energy was so high. It was at ACL live, and it was so amazing because the venue is small but not too small.”

What is your most used item of clothing?

“My black Nike free runs, because they’re comfy and cool as hell.”

Who is your favorite movie director and why?

“Wes Anderson because his movies are visually appealing, and he’s also really funny. His humor is humorous without making fun of anyone. I like The Grand Budapest Hotel, which is one of his more recent ones. Fantastic Mr. Fox is really good, and I’m really excited because his next film is a stop-motion film about dogs.”

Anything else you’d like to include?

“Feel the Bern!”

Alexa Boone

St Edward's

I'm one of the two campus correspondents for St. Edward's University! I am a sophomore Communication major with a focus on PR and Advertising, and I love writing. I am a senior staff member on Topper Radio where I host a radio show and manage the staff blog. In the future I hope to pursue a career in the music industry doing PR for a quality music label/music representation or icon. Living in Austin has allowed me to grow in the presence of great venues, artists, and festivals. I'm also an RA for LeMans hall, and in my free time I love going to shows, hanging out at coffee shops, and doing a variety of spontaneous activities.