Best Coffee Shops for Finals Prep

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St Edward's chapter.

The closing weeks of the semester are always the hardest—by the end of Thanksgiving break, most of us are lacking in the motivation department. As finals week approaches, the hours spent in the library seem longer and longer. Munday Library is wonderful, but a semester’s worth of late night library sessions can make even the loveliest libraries seem unbearable. Finals are too important to slack on studying, so shake things up a bit with a change of scenery. Pack up your study materials and head over to one of these five coffee shops (all with free Wi-Fi) for perfect studying atmospheres and tasty coffee.

Epoch

221 W. North Loop Blvd.

At all hours of the day and night, Epoch is your classic coffee shop study spot. The place is always full of students typing away while enjoying a nice warm cup of coffee. If you’re a fan of coconut, we strongly suggest you try Epoch’s coconut latte. It’ll make preparation for finals a little more tolerable.

Flight Path

5011 Duval St.

Flight Path is known for offering a quiet, calm atmosphere that makes productivity effortless. Until 11 p.m. every night, Flight Path is the go-to coffee shop for knocking out those last minute cram sessions that require deep focus. If the weather is nice, you can even get your studying done out on the patio.

Seventh Flag

1506 S. 1st St.

If you’re looking for a daytime study spot, Seventh Flag is the place to go. They’re open till 7 p.m. every night and their coffee is delightful. The friendly baristas and cozy atmosphere will make you feel right at home as you power through final essays and study sessions.

Cenote

1010 E. Cesar Chavez St.

Along with coffee, good food is a necessity for a successful study session. It’s important to treat your body well while prepping for finals and Cenote’s locally grown menu options make it super easy to make healthy choices. Skip the bag of Cheetos and go to Cenote for dishes that are local and farm fresh.

Strange Brew

5326 Manchaca Rd

Last but most definitely not least, Strange Brew. Not only are they open 24 hours, but they have quiet rooms that are strictly for studying. It’s basically like a library but with fantastic coffee just a few steps away. Also, they serve a delicious grilled cheese. Need we say more?

Happy studying!

Taylor Duane

St Edward's