The Best and Worst Dressed at the 2014 Primetime Emmy Awards

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St Edward's chapter.
We picked our top three best and worst dressed ladies from the star-studded night.

Best Dressed: Sarah Hyland

This recently single 23-year-old’s outfit was very age appropriate, simple and fun. Christian Siriano designed the custom white top and coral skirt.

Best Dressed: Lizzy Caplan

This “Masters of Sex” actress wore a Donna Karan Atelier backless dress with a white train that showed off just the right amount of skin.

Best Dressed: Taylor Schilling

The orange jumsuit has come off and has been replaced by a Zuhair Murad beaded, nude gown. In this case, nude is definitely the new black.

Worst Dressed: Mayim Bialik

The Oliver Tolentino dress had way too much going on–including the lace finish, the bright blue hue, and the too-full skirt.

Worst Dressed: Lena Dunham

There’s really not a lot to say about the actress’ ombre skirt and satin button-down, designed by Giambattista Valli. The actress herself tweeted, “All I’m gonna say about my Emmy dress is that it looks like cake and feels like sweatpants #loveandjoy.” 

Worst Dressed: Sarah Paulson

The “American Horror Story” actress looks like she brought her work home with her. The Armani Privé black strapless gown was covered with dramatic red spots and netting.

Who do you think was best (and worst) dressed at the Emmy’s? Let us know in the comments!

Samantha is a Senior English writing and rhetoric major at St. Edward's University in Austin, Texas. She just got back to America after studying abroad for a semester in Angers, France. On top of writing for Her Campus, Samantha is a teaching assistant for freshman writing classes and a news reporter/ social media editor for Hilltop Views, her campus newspaper. Follow her on twitter @samanthdriscoll and instagram @sdrisco.