This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St. Andrews chapter.

By Natasha Meyer

As a third year student studying abroad fom Wisconsin for the year, a lot of my time has been spent traveling around to various parts of Europe. Recently, I had the opportunity to go to London for a long weekend with fellow study abroad students and I wanted to share a few tips about the city that I learnt during my time there. However, I have to warn that I am not a licensed travel agent and legally cannot be held responsible for my advice!

1. Prioritise your time.

Whether you are there for a week or a weekend, London is a huge city. It is not humanly possible to see everything the city has to offer in one trip. So, before you leave, make a list of your must see monuments, museums, parks and pubs.

2. Public Transport is key.

Purchase an Oyster Card! Like I said, the city is huge and walking it, especially if you are lazy like me, is impossible. An Oyster Card requires a deposit of £5, but the resulting tube fares are cheaper and it can be used on the bus system, which is helpful as the tube closes at 12 a.m.

3. Go to at least one musum.

I know everyone will not be as excited as I would to go to museums, but London offers them by the dozen (most of them free!) and they all cater to a diverse range of interests, from Fashion to Fossils!

6. Go to Harrods.

No matter what. Whether you like shopping or not, this is the most magical department store in the world, you will not regret a visit!

7. Do not be afraid to be a tourist.

Whether this is your first time in London or you thousandth, do not be afraid to take fun pictures around the city. If this is your first time in London there are a few required photographs that must be taken during your trip, such as:

Standing in front of Buckingham Palace.

Standing outside, or inside a London telephone booth.

A picture of both the London Eye and Big Ben.

An artsy photo in a London park and if raining an umbrella could always be a cute accessory!