Why Autumn Truly is the Best

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St. Andrews chapter.

Autumn is without a doubt my favourite season. Let me tell you why… and convince the haters. 

1. Cozy jumpers

Need I say more? Snuggling up in a chunky knit is just the best feeling in the world.

2. Cozy scarves

A big, thick scarf is also an essential wardrobe item. It works to prevent you from getting a cold, which always seems to be inevitable anyways, but oh well, at least you look stylish!

3. Anything cozy…

Okay, so I’m just going be honest now…anything that can be deemed cozy is perfect for battling against the Autumn chills (that you secretly love to hate, for this exact reason). This includes clothing, food, drink (mmm hot choc), or even just a good movie that makes you all warm and fuzzy inside.

4. PSL

The three letters that make an Autumn lover’s heart sing. When Starbucks starts selling pumpkin spiced lattes you know Autumn has truly arrived. The warming mix of pumpkin, cinnamon, and nutmeg are sure to make those long days in the library all the more bearable.

5. Sunsets

Something truly magical happens when the sun goes to bed every night during the Autumn months. It’s hard to describe just how amazing this daily spectacle is, and we’re particularly lucky here in St Andrews to have witnessed some of the best. 

6. Colours

I dedicate this point to my favourite Autumnal place on earth, and former home, Boston. You just can’t beat a New England fall. Go there. Now.

7. AND FINALLY…

The arrival of Autumn means it’s time to start counting down the days to CHRISTMAS!! 

Bea Bennett

St. Andrews

Freya Liddell

St. Andrews

3rd Year History student at St Andrews