Top 5 Bingeable Sit Coms

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St. Andrews chapter.

Even though we’re nearing Revision Week, the laziness and exhaustion has officially set in. And in times of trouble, sit-coms have always been a great source of relaxation and humor. So without further ado, if you’re in need of a good laugh, here are the top five sit coms to binge watch :) 

1. Brooklyn Nine Nine

This is literally one of the best shows I have ever seen – diverse cast, strong female leads, and every character is fully developed and has interesting storylines. Also Andy Samberg is literally a timeless cutiepie who still looks like he is in his 20s. Right now, the fourth season is airing in the US but the first three seasons are availabe on Netflix UK. Plus, you can purchase the seasons for only $15.00 each on iTunes this week!! 

2. New Girl

Another FOX show, this show is so endearing and cute. I’m obsessed with each of the characters and if you’re feeling lost or overwhelmed by life, watch this and know that you’re not alone. No one really knows what they’re doing. 

3. Parks and Recreation

Perfection through and through :) This show makes you feel inspired, leaving you with a smile on your face and ready to kick ass with your close friends. Also Amy Poehler is amazing and her friendship with Ann Perkins are literal life goals. 

4. The Office – US or UK

This may be controversial but I do love the US version more than the UK one, but the latter is iconic and the reason why Michael Scott graced our screens for so many years. It never fails to make me laugh and is just a relaxing, hilarious show. 

5. The Mindy Project

When I first started this show, I literally went through the first two seasons within a day and a half – it is so bingeable!! And Mindy Kaling is just an all around amazing person who runs this show like a badass. 

[Images from Pinterest]

Meena Nayagam

St. Andrews

I am an American medical student at the University of St Andrews, Scotland. I have been an avid writer for several years, focusing mainly on creative writing. But I hope to be more involved in our university's culture, particularly by bringing interesting information to all of our students!