Things we all do…but would rather not admit

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St. Andrews chapter.

Every once in awhile, we engage in bad behavior. Behavior that makes us feel slightly guilty, silly, or embarrassed with ourselves. These are things we’d rather not discuss, even though it is one-hundred percent proven (by my very thorough, scientific research skills) that we all do them! Below, some things we all do, or have done, at least once, at St. Andrews.

1. Rely on Starbucks for your morning cup of coffee, despite the abundance of cutesy, local cafes around town

2. Leave your books or computer charger in a study carrel in the library for 4 hours…while you enjoy a leisurely lunch

3. Duck your head, pretend to text, cross the street, or go all out and round the block to avoid someone that you don’t want to see

4. Wear sweatpants to tesco…well dressed, put together student body be damned

5. Complain when someone you have met 4+ times introduces themselves to you, yet again…but do the same thing to someone else

6. Blow off all lectures, tutorials, and other major or minor commitments for the first sunny day in weeks

7. Let laziness get the best of you and send your laundry out to Caremore

8. Spend two months without leaving a 5 block radius

9. Find yourself on a first name basis with the guys at Phones4U

10. Repeatedly take out a book from short loan every 4 hours, and end up having it for 4 days (hey, it’s not our fault when modules suggest that a 200 person class shares 3 books in the library)

11. Spend close to £200 on student run fashion shows…

12. If you live in a flat: cut down on your costs (or enable laziness) by stealing toilet paper, soap, staples or printing paper from University buildings