Style > Fashion

Spring Fashion: the latest trends for the new season

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St. Andrews chapter.

Spring is almost here, and that means it’s time to refresh your wardrobe with the latest fashion trends for the season. If you’re wondering what’s in style for spring 2023, we’ve got you covered. From eye-catching colors to bold prints, this season’s fashion is all about being daring and expressing yourself through your clothes.

Let’s start with colours. This spring, designers like Marc Jacobs and Gucci are embracing neon hues – bright greens, pinks, and oranges. Even Dior is getting in on the trend, featuring a neon orange gown in their latest collection. These bold colours are perfect for making a statement and standing out from the crowd.

When it comes to prints, the options are endless. Animal prints, in particular, are making a comeback this season. From leopard to zebra, designers like Versace are incorporating animal prints in their collections in fun and unexpected ways. Meanwhile, florals are still a classic choice for spring. Designers like Oscar de la Renta and Prada are showcasing beautiful floral prints on their runways, proving that this print never goes out of style.

For those who prefer a more minimalistic approach, the classic white button-up shirt is a staple this season. Designers like Alexander Wang and Victoria Beckham are showing off how versatile this simple piece can be. Whether paired with a bold printed skirt or dressed down with denim, the white button-up is a timeless and chic choice.

Accessories are also an important part of this season’s fashion trends. Statement earrings and chunky necklaces are a must-have, with designers like Chloe and Celine featuring oversized and eye-catching accessories in their collections. If you want to make a statement with your sunglasses, check out Fendi’s latest collection with its bold and unique shapes.

Lastly, shoes are an essential part of any outfit, and this season, platforms are back in style. Designers like Stella McCartney and Balmain are showcasing platform sandals and sneakers, adding a touch of the ’90s to their collections. If you prefer a more classic look, white sneakers are also a great option for any outfit. Adidas and Nike both offer sleek and comfortable options for a stylish and practical shoe choice.

In conclusion, this spring is all about being bold and expressing your personality through your clothes. So whether you’re into bright colors, daring prints, or statement accessories, there’s something for everyone in this season’s fashion trends. And most importantly, have fun with it!

Dakota Bennett

St. Andrews '24

Dakota Bennett is a third-year at the University of St Andrews, studying International Relations and Social Anthropology. As an Australian that grew up in Paris, Dakota loves to debate different perspectives and is excited to discuss everything from the latest world news to the history of fashion trends. In her free time (see also: procrastination), Dakota is most likely baking cupcakes, facetiming her dogs, or dancing around her room to Hozier.