Samuel Habein

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St. Andrews chapter.

BASICS

Name: Samuel MacGillivray Habein

Year: 3rd Year  

Degree: Physics with a concentration in Islamic Studies

Hometown: Billings, Montana

FAVORITES

Book: The Monkey Wrench Gang

Chick Flick: Parent Trap; I am Annie!

Song: “Hot Line Bling”

Place in St Andrews: Not Mabel’s

Sports Team: Worcester Sharks

Midnight Snack: Grilled PB & J

Cheesy quote: “I am as bad as the worst, but, thank God, I am as good as the best.” ~ Walt Whitman

CAMPUS LIFE

What campus activities are you involved in at St Andrews: I drink… and do work. 

Plans for post-grad life: Grad School; I’ll ride this bus as long as it will have me. I don’t want to work. 

Best study spot: Scott Four, but only when no one is home. 

Something on your St Andrew’s bucket list: Find a way to get Nick Platt to chill the f*** out. 

LOVE LIFE

Relationship Status: Single

Ideal date: Getting away from the city for a while in the hills.

Deal Breaker: A social, social network user. Why the hell are you on Facebook when there is good company all around you?!

Deal Maker: Someone who is truly happy and sincere. 

OTHER

Dream job: Astronaut

Cats or dogs: Dogs, for sure

Celebrity crush: Jenifer Aniston since season one of Friends

Secret talent: Having a good time when everyone else is pissy. 

Guilty pleasure: Making a mess in Scott Four

Lizard or Brew Pub: Brew Pub yet I always end up somewhere else. 

Dream dinner party guests: Will Smith, Obama, and Childish Gambino

Evan Grogan

Holy Cross

Evan Grogan is a senior at the College of the Holy Cross who is studying abroad for the year at the University of St Andrews. She is an English and Art History double major and eventually hopes to attend graduate school for journalism and write for The New York Times. When Evan is not busy with school and writing for both Holy Cross' newspaper and Her Campus, she loves to read; go for runs; and spend time with her friends. She is obsessed with the color navy, rainbow sprinkles, and anything involving glitter.