Freya Liddell: Mugs Made Fabulous

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St. Andrews chapter.

Freya Liddell: Decorative Mugs – Mugs made fabulous

One might imagine a second year student on a Saturday night celebrating the end of her coursework deadlines either to be sipping a sophisticated and intoxicating cocktail at the Westport, or making bad life choices at the Lizard. This was not how I ended up spending my night. Instead, fuelled by jelly babies, chocolate biscuits and popcorn, I decorated these mugs with the assistance of the very talented Jessie Crabtree and Francesca Goddard. Amid tears and hysterical screams, (Marley & Me and New Moon respectively) these beautiful artistic endeavours came to light. So, when on the point of burning out over exams I highly recommend an indulgent night in, which according to an undisclosed source, constituted, ‘the best night ever.’    

What you need:

Sharpies

An oven

Plain mugs (but you can use any crockery – I recommend checking out the local charity shops/amazon)

Firstly gather everything you need – as seen in the picture above

Then choose a design and get creative, easy!

However if things go a little wrong and you make a mistake, simply use alcohol to rub of any mistakes you make

Finally place in the oven at 200 ° C for around 45 minutes so that the sharpie becomes permanent and can survive washing up. Then enjoy a nice cup of tea, or even a sneaky mojito.

Here are some examples if you are lacking in inspiration, and if you get stuck, you can always draw on a hipster moustache:

Tiger Mug by Francesca Goddard

Erik Andersen revealing secret bottom to tiger mug, again credit to Francesca Goddard 

Crazy creative mug by Jessie Crabtree

Ditzy Floral mug by Freya Liddell

Mojito mug by Francesca Goddard

Harry Potter mug by Freya Liddell