This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St. Andrews chapter.

This week’s campus celebrity is the lovely and very cute Emma Birrell, a first year joint honours student reading psychology and International Relations. When not studying in St Andrews, Emma can be found living the dream in sunny L.A. California, eating the best sushi the west coast has to offer.

Whilst at St Andrews Emma is involved in Saint Sports; she is a keen volleyball player, and a member of the clay pigeon shooting society. Emma is a country music buff with plenty of American pride, and can be often found in Zest sipping am Immune Boost smoothie.  Emma is a frequent visitor of the many nail and beauty salons in St Andrews, with Hepburns salon being a favourite, especially due to their great student deals! Little Italy and The Glass House are two of Emma’s favourite restaurants in St Andrews and she tells me she also loves making day trips to Edinburgh and has absolutely adored exploring Scotland.

After exams Emma is hoping to go to Lake Garda, Italy to spend some time with her Italian grandparents. Although Emma has no set plans for summer she tells me that she is looking forward to spending some time in Kansas with her equally charming boyfriend Ian.  

Hannah is a 4th year student of English Literature and Art History at the University of St Andrews.