Amanda Miller

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St. Andrews chapter.

By Caroline Pratt 

Name: Amanda Miller

Age: 18

Degree: International Relations & Modern History

Year: 1st

Hometown: Darien, Connecticut

Who’s your celeb crush?

Eddie Redmayne (those cheekbones tho).

What is a unique fact about you?

My cat is a model. Weird little family hobby, keeping her employed.

What is your favourite holiday destination?

Lyford Cay, Nassau, Bahamas. It’s the most beautiful place in the world!

How would you describe your style?

Reformed prepster. I used to vomit Lilly Pulitzer, but I’m getting better. More black now!

What’s your favourite colour?

Toss up between bright blue and emerald green. 

What’s your favourite part about Scotland and what’s your least favourite part?

My favourite part hands down is that sticky toffee pudding that is on dessert menus YEAR ROUND. It’s normally what I look forward to during Christmas all year. Y’all are trying to fatten me up. Least favourite is probably the limited sunlight. I had to buy one of those SAD lamps on Amazon. The thing’s a lifesaver.

How are you involved in the St Andrews community?

I recently joined the Lumsden Club, which I’m super excited about. We do lots of great stuff on and off campus like hosting events and volunteer work. I’m looking to volunteer with Fife Women’s Aid next semester.

What’s your favourite Fresher’s memory?

Working out next to Rory McIlroy and Bill Murray during Dunhill. I almost fell off the treadmill I was so excited.

What would you say your spirit animal is?

Panda. Definitely. Amanda Panda.

Where do you see yourself in 10 years?

Telling Beyoncé what her next career move should be because I am the boss of everybody. Blue Ivy will provide back up vocals.

What’s the best thing about St Andrews boys?

Ooo definitely that they dress well. In America, I feel like most boys my age don’t really think too much of their appearance. It’s so nice seeing guys putting an effort into what they wear.