5 DIY Crafts to Spice Up Your Room

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St. Andrews chapter.

1. Make a pom pom garland with bright colours and a fun texture to add a whimsical touch to your room.

2. DIY Yarn Art using materials from the great outdoors and cheap yarn to create a quick craft that has a big colour impact with a natural feeling.

3. Make a holiday themed door wreath to ring in the festive cheer of the autumnal months. 

4. Paint a vase or small pot and fill it with bright succulents and stones to decorate your desk or dresser area.

5. Make a paint swatch calendar using paint swatch cards from your local hardware store for a colourful organizer that will keep you and your deadlines on track.

Hi I'm Margaret Crawford and I grew up in Dallas, Texas before venturing to St. Andrews for university to read, write, learn, and travel.
Jenny Yau

St. Andrews

I'm Jenny Yau, 19 and from Hong Kong. Reading, writing poetry and watching tv are my main obsessions. I am sometimes mistaken for a hermit, but I'm friendly once you get to know me :p