This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St. Andrews chapter.

Decorating your dorm or apartment room can be essential to having a comfortable space in which to study and spend time. Your room is a reflection of your personality, and decorating in a style that represents your interests and energy is important for personalizing your space. One way to brighten up your room is through posters and wall prints! Below are 10 trendy art prints and posters to display your vibe and decorate your space. 

1. Vibrant Shapes for a minimalist look

This print is perfect for a more minimalist Scandi-style room. The mix of bold coloured shapes with the overlapping hanging leaves would flow great in a room with lots of plants and candles!

2. If you love travelling, and want you room to reflect that: Marrakech Riad 

This print of a Morrocan Riad is a trendy room addition for those who love to travel or even just want a sun-inspired warm poster for their space. This print features swimmers in an outdoor pool fanned by lush green trees and plants. Riads are traditional Moroccan houses, with inner courtyards often filled with swimming pools or fountains and greenery. They are aesthetically pleasing buildings, and displaying this print in your room will add a bright luxurious vibe. 

3. Jungle vibes with this Jungle Tiger print

A busy and vibrantly playful art print could also be the perfect fit for your room! This jungle print has a fun and bold watercolour-inspired look, and the mixed shades of greens can add a touch of nature to your room. If you have more simple decor, putting this print in your space can help contrast muted tones and add a whimsical vibe.

4. Monet: The Artist’s Garden for the artist (or art lover)

Another Society6 poster, this Monet print is perfect for the Art History major or museum lover! This art print features Claude Monet’s 1900 painting “The Artist’s Garden at Giverny.” The painting depicts his Garden at Giverny in the French Normandy region, with rows of vibrants purple and pink irises and dappled patches of sunlight. If you want an art print that brightens up your room and adds a burst of colour, this impressionist print is definitely the way to go!

5. Fashion lovers, check out Vintage Vogue 

For fashion lovers, this pink-themed Vogue collage print is the trendy decor addition you need for your room! The poster is adorned with different Vogue magazine covers, tinted in shades of pink with black and white lettering. This fashion-inspired glamorous print would be perfect near a clothing rack or dresser!

6. For a classier look, Mayfair Print 

If you are a fan of the Art Nouveau style or want a more classic floral patterned print for your room, you should check out this poster. The curving white floral patterns over the darker blue backdrop creates a really clean-looking print for your space. The print is inspired by the Mayfair area of London, with its contemporary art galleries and Georgian townhouses – adding a touch of elegance and sophistication to your space.

7. Morning Coffee for the minimalist coffee lover

For those who start their day with a cup of coffee, this cute morning coffee cup poster is the perfect trendy addition to your room. The softer pastel colours and simple background makes this art print fantastic for those who want to add a poster to their wall but tend to gravitate towards simpler decor. This is also a really peaceful print to gaze at in the morning before a busy day!

8. Van Gogh: Cafe Terrace is perfect for an art and cafe-lover

Another fantastic art print is this Amazon poster of Van Gogh’s 1888 “Café Terrace at Night.” This colourful work is of a French outdoor cafe in Arles under a starry blue sky. Van Gogh actually painted it at night, and the warm yellow glow of the cafe radiates warmth, making this art print fantastic for adding a mellow and inviting feel to your room. 

9. We love this bold, summer-y graphic print – Marbella Citrus 

This colorful graphic poster is a reminder of holidays and sunny summer days. The oranges in this print are inspired by the coastal Costa Del Sol region in the South of Spain, a hot, beachy vacation destination. This print is lively and fun, and is the perfect trendy wall decor to bring a bright energy to your room. 

10. Dream State is an abstract print for good vibes only

For a more abstract art print, check out this bright collage poster. If your room has fewer decorations and wall art, adding a bold, dream-inspired poster with curving pastel-coloured lines can bring needed energy and passion that livens up the rest of your decor.

Molly Finn

St. Andrews '23

Hi everyone! My name is Molly, and I'm a second year at the University of St Andrews studying International Relations and Art History. I grew up in Southern California and am a total matcha and fashion addict. I'm a big advocate for focusing on self-care and mental health, and staying up to date on current events.
The University of St Andrews chapter of Her Campus!