Her Campus Media Design Team

YouTube Channels I Recommend

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SPU chapter.

If you’re anything like me, and you love to spend countless hours scrolling through YouTube, this article is for you. Here’s a list of some YouTube channels I recommend, along with my favorite video of theirs! 

1. Drew Gooden

Genre: Commentary

Drew provides commentary on a variety of topics, from cringey movies to TikTok trends. This Viner turned YouTuber is the mastermind behind the iconic “‘Road Work Ahead’, Uh yea, I sure hope it does” Vine. My personal favorite videos of his are his reviews of bad movies, and I’ve linked my favorite here: My New Favorite Bad Movie. I highly recommend his channel if you like commentary videos!

1. Emma Chamberlain

Genre: Lifestyle, fashion, beauty

I adore Emma, and not just because we share a first name. Her videos are super entertaining, and there’s something for everyone on her channel.She covers topics such as cooking, fashion, vlogs, and more! I love how open she is with her audience and how well she connects with her viewers in her videos! I’ve been watching Emma since 2017 and seeing her grow has been incredible. Ily emma <3 mwah

My favorite video of hers is u totally caught me making soup

1. HTHAZE

Genre: Album reactions & commentary

HTHAZE, aka Troy, is a super entertaining content creator. As a singer and producer himself, he shares some amazing insight into the production of your favorite albums as he reacts to them. I am very interested in music production, so watching his contentis fascinating. My favorite video of his is listening to SOUR by olivia rodrigo as a 26 year old man.

1. AJayII

Genre: Album reactions & commentary

AJayII’s videos are the same genre as HTHAZE, in which she reacts to popular albums. Another segment on her channel that I love is her videos where she shares her favorite albums/songs of the year, as well as reacts to GRAMMY winners and nominees. Her channel is home to some of the most entertaining album commentary I’ve seen, and my favorite video of hers is Best Albums of 2021

1. Colleen Ballinger / Colleen Vlogs

YouTube legend Colleen Ballinger has been creating content online for over 10 years. I started watching Colleen in 2012 when I discovered her online as Miranda Sings. I have been watching both Miranda and Colleen’s YouTube channels ever since and I admire Colleen so much. She is truly one of my biggest role models and deserves to be in the YouTube Hall of Fame. 

My favorite video of hers is COLLEEN BALLINGER’S BROADWAY DEBUT!

1. RELAX! With Colleen Ballinger and Erik Stocklin

This one is technically a podcast but they do film the podcast in video format, so you can either watch it on YouTube or listen to it wherever you listen to podcasts. The podcast is hosted by Colleen and her husband, Erik Stocklin. They sit down for about an hour to an hour and a half and just chit chat and talk about their lives! One of my favorite parts of their podcast is their opening segment, in which they ask each other who/what needs to relax that week. For those who love conversational podcasts, I highly recommend RELAX! One of my favorite episodes so far is OUR BIG MUSICAL EPISODE!, but picking a favorite was nearly impossible!

Hi! I'm Emma (she/her) and I am the senior editor for SPU's chapter of Her Campus! This is my third year as a member of Her Campus, as well as my third year being an editor/writer!