Six Movie & TV Show Recommendations

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SPU chapter.

Need new movie and TV show recommendations? I’ve got you! Here’s my list of my top 3 movies and TV shows I’ve watched so far (with no spoilers).

Movies

Lady Bird – Netflix

This movie is one of my favorites. It’s a coming of age movie, so the plot isn’t as extreme, but I find that kind of movie ideal for when I’ve had a long day and want something less intense to watch. The cast is awesome (shoutout Saoirse Ronan and Timothee Chalamet), and Greta Gerwig did an incredible job directing.

Miss Americana – Netflix

Calling all Swifties! This documentary takes us through the life of pop sensation Taylor Swift, letting us catch a glimpse into her life. I absolutely adore Taylor and this beautifully honest documentary. Miss Americana is such an incredible film.

Twilight – Netflix

Unfortunately, I was not raised on Twilight, so I am just now finally watching this five part series. I haven’t seen all of them yet, so I can’t say which one is my definite favorite, but for now it’s New Moon, mainly because of the iconic “Bella, where the hell have you been, loca?” line, lol. Team Edward all the way, btw.

TV Shows

Euphoria – HBO Max

I know, this pick is nowhere near shocking.It seems like the whole world has been tuning into HBO every Sunday night, even crashing the servers once. I don’t know if it’s just because I have a crush on Zendaya or what, but this show is so good. I absolutely adore the cast and the costumes are just incredible. My favorite character is definitely Maddy;I love her style. Be warned, it does deal with some heavy topics like addiction, mental health, abuse, etc., so I do recommend doing some more research before watching.

Modern Family – Hulu

This show is probably my favorite of all time. I absolutely love the dynamic between the families and how they somehow managed to keep the show interesting for 11 seasons (seriously, that’s hard to do! Props to the show writers!) This show is so fun to watch and I highly recommend it.

Bob’s Burgers – Hulu

This show is definitely one of the funniest series I’ve watched. I love dry humor, so this show is right up my alley. It’s also presented in cartoon format, so for those of you who love animated shows, this is for you. This show rarely digs into heavier topics, so it’s a very light and easy watch. The show still has new episodes coming out weekly, so be sure to check it out on Hulu!

Hi! I'm Emma (she/her) and I am the senior editor for SPU's chapter of Her Campus! This is my third year as a member of Her Campus, as well as my third year being an editor/writer!