This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SPU chapter.

If you’ve ever browsed Teen Vogue’s YouTube Channel, you may have stumbled across their segment, “______ Creates the Playlist of Their Life”, in which an entertainer will create a list of eight  songs that are meaningful to them, bring them nostalgia, have a backstory, etc. Here are eight songs I would put on the playlist of my life!

1. Our Song – Taylor Swift

This was the first ever song I learned all the words to. I remember sitting on my friend’s couch when I was 5, singing my little heart out with the music video playing on the TV. Fun fact, I choreographed a dance to this when I was in kindergarten. Not to brag, but it was pretty awesome (probably, I have no recollection of it whatsoever).

1. You Belong With Me – Taylor Swift

Starting out the list strong with two Taylor tracks! This song was a staple to my childhood, as it was for most of us in Gen Z. I would watch this music video on repeat until the iconic “You OK?” sign was practically burned into the plasma living room TV. This video had such a big impact on me that it was even my Halloween costume for this year! When wanting to reminisce on my childhood, I turn this track on (Taylor’s version, of course) and I am instantly transported back to simpler times.

1. You’ll Always Find Your Way Back Home – Hannah Montana

Hannah Montana: The Movie was the first CD I ever bought. I would listen to the soundtrack on repeat on my blue boombox in my room, dancing around without a care in the world. Mom, if you’re reading this, this is my formal apology for jumping around blasting this song while you were trying to work. Oops.

1. Just Give Me a Reason – P!nk (Feat. Nate Ruess of fun.)

Oh boy does this song bring me back. Growing up, there were two artists who were essential to my iPod- P!nk and fun., so when word got out that the frontman of fun. would be featured on a P!nk song, I was stoked! This song is timeless and so incredible. It was my favorite song for at least five years, and it will always have such a special place in my heart.

1. Out on the Town – fun.

When I said fun. was essential to my iPod, I meant it. If I used Spotify growing up, there’s no doubt this would’ve been my top song on Spotify Wrapped from 2012-2015. The lyrics are so heartbreaking, yet they are put to such a happy instrumental, creating such a beautifully emotional song.

1. Sign of the Times – Harry Styles

This song is iconic. Harry has such a powerful voice, and this song showcases it perfectly. The amount of times I’ve cried to this song is astounding;  it will always be such a meaningful song to me. I love this song so much and each time I revisit it I am filled with so much emotion. Harry Styles reminds me how powerful music can be. 

1. Ribs – Lorde 

This song is in my top five favorite songs of all time. The lyrics, the vocals, the instrumentals, the vibe, all of it is just breathtaking. I love Lorde and her music so much, she is such a special artist who can capture such specific emotions so perfectly. Lorde is such a timeless artist and her music ages so wonderfully. 

8.  my future – Billie Eilish

Words cannot describe how much I love this song. It’s about self love and having so much hope for the future. Being a college student, thinking about the future terrifies me, but this song is extremely reassuring. It reminds me that no matter what happens in the future, I will always have myself, and for that I am extremely grateful. This song is absolutely incredible; Billie and Finneas are some of my favorite lyricists of all time. I highly recommend giving my future, as well as the entirety of Happier Than Ever a listen!

Hi! I'm Emma (she/her) and I am the senior editor for SPU's chapter of Her Campus! This is my third year as a member of Her Campus, as well as my third year being an editor/writer!