This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SPU chapter.

Made to Measure TV was launched in October of 2015, exclusively on Apple TV. It is an IMG run network aiming to show educational programs on the history of fashion, the fashion industry, and current events related to fashion. As time passed, it has become available on other platforms as well. It can be watched online, on the iPhone or iPad app, Roku, Amazon Fire TV, and Android TV. And did I mention it’s all free?

Along with other news outlets, I have found that M2M TV is one of the best ways to learn about the fashion industry and stay up to date on all of the runway shows that are churned out every fashion week in NYC, Paris and Milan. The fashion industry can be intimidating since there is so much to know, but M2M TV is a great place to start learning about designers, influencers, history, trends, and overall icons. M2M was my whole spring break and if I’m going to be watching TV all day, it might as well be educational right?

Here are 5 of my favorite series or documentaries on M2M TV.

1. The Day Before is a great series if you are interested to know what goes on inside a fashion house right before they show at fashion week. The series follows an assortment of houses as they frantically prepare to give the best show they possibly can to important industry leaders, buyers, and influencers. You would think that these designers have prepared ahead of time, but as it is revealed in the series, their teams are often working up until the last minute to prepare the looks for the show. My favorite episodes of this series are the Alexander Wang episode, the Lanvin episode, and the Diane von Furstenberg episode.

2. Signe Chanel is a look inside what it takes to create an entire collection at Chanel under Karl Lagerfeld’s direction. It follows the atelier team and the ups and downs prior to the fashion show. Looks are added and scrapped at the last minute, and you really learn to love all of the ladies working in the atelier. When their look gets cut, you feel sad for them, but when their look is well received you take pride in the work they created for the collection. I got way to emotionally invested in this series as you can tell…

3. The Legacy of Alexander McQueen is a heart-wrenching documentary telling the story of the late Lee (Alexander) McQueen’s career. It tells the story of how he came to prominence in the fashion world, the genius of his theatrical collections, and ultimately his tragic death. McQueen will continue to be unparalleled by any fashion designer perhaps for a very long time, although Sarah Burton has lead the house in a beautiful and honorable direction after his death.

4. Karl Lagerfeld Sketches His Life is literally what the name of the program is—Karl Lagerfeld sketching his life. It is a funny take on the YouTube trend of people making “draw my life” videos. He speaks about his childhood, his claim to fame at the same time as Yves Saint Laurent, and how he ended up as the head designer and creative director for Chanel, arguably the most influential fashion house in the world.

5. The runway shows on M2M TV are great because it is a one-stop shop place to stay up to date on all of the major fashion house’s collections. It covers everyone from Chanel to Public School. For the major fashion houses, this method of watching them is easier than fishing around on YouTube for low quality videos with the wrong soundtrack placed over the video.

In my opinion, these are some of the best series and documentaries on M2M TV, and anyone who is interested in the fashion industry should invest their time in watching these. M2M TV is such an exciting outlet for the fashion industry because it is helping educate the next generation coming into the fashion work force. Knowledge is power, and the more you know about the industry, the better off you will be!

Hello! My name is Elizabeth Walsh but I prefer to go by Liz. I love anything related to fashion, cats, the internet, as well as Disneyland and traveling in general. I love learning about things that challenge my thinking and point of view. Besides writing for my own personal Tumblr blog, Her Campus is the first publication I have written for and I am so excited to write for SPU chapter of Her Campus.
Fashion merchandising student at Seattle Pacific University where I aspire to become a bridal stylist, fashion stylist or trend forecaster. Other hobbies of mine include photography, sketching, and blogging . Follow my style blog at www.stylistinseattle.com