Halloweekend Excitement: Activities in Seattle this Weekend

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SPU chapter.

It’s spooky season everybody, and if you’re looking for some Halloween themed fun to keep you and your friends occupied you’ve come to the right place. Seattle has no shortage of activities and events planned over the weekend leading up to October 31st, and I’ve compiled a list of five such events to fill your Halloweekend schedule. 

1. Museum of Fright: October 29th, 10:00 AM-3:00 PM

This coming Sunday the Museum of Flight is turning into the Museum of Fright for their annual family friendly Halloween celebration. The museum will be decked out in spooky decorations, with Halloween themed games and activities throughout. Museum members get in free, and for anyone else, the Halloween fun is included in the general admission price. Find more information here!

1. BOO Seattle: October 27th-28th 

If you’re willing to drop a bit more money, you’re not going to want to miss this year’s BOO Seattle music festival. This two day Halloween event is hosted at WaMu Theater. Single day tickets run about $150, while a two day pass is about $220 (not including fees). The event starts at 5:00 pm on Friday and 4:00 pm on Thursday, and the party continues late into the night. You must be at least 18 to attend this event. For more info on the festival, including the artist line up, check it out here!

1. Woodland Park Zoo’s Pumpkin Bash: October 28th-29th, 9:30 AM-3:00 PM

Come see all your favorite animals crunch, smash, or stomp on pumpkins this weekend at the Woodland Park Zoo. If you’ve never been to the Woodland Park Zoo, this would definitely be an exciting week to do so. The Pumpkin Bash events are included with zoo membership, or a general admission ticket. For more information, including the pumpkin bashing schedule by animal, check it out here!

1. Fashionably Undead Monsters Ball at MoPop: October 27th, 8:00 PM-12:00 AM

The Museum of Pop Culture is hosting this spooky extravaganza on Friday night. Tickets are a reasonable $25 dollars, and for groups over five, you can get a 15% off group discount. Be sure to go all out with your wardrobe because there is a $500 cash prize for the best dressed attendee. There will be music, activities, and dancing all night long! To attend this event you must be at least 21 years old. For more information look here!

1. Twerk or Treat: October 28th, doors at 9:00 PM

Neumos is hosting a Halloween party on Saturday, and it’s guaranteed to be a blast. Not to mention, tickets are only $10 each. Music, dancing, and outrageous outfits are on the agenda for the “biggest halloween party on Cap Hill”. You must be at least 21 to attend this event. Look here for more information or to buy your tickets!

This Halloween in Seattle has the potential to be one for the books. Any one of them is sure to make for a memorable weekend, but maybe if you’re hardcore you’ll attempt to make an appearance at all of them. Whatever you decide to do, have fun, be safe, and happy Halloweekend!

I am currently a junior at Seattle Pacific University pursuing a double major in Sociology and Social Justice. I grew up in rural Colorado, but have found my home here on the west coast. This is my third year as a member of Her Campus, and my first year taking on a leadership role within the SPU chapter. I have also devoted my time to SPU's independent, student run newspaper creating social media content.