This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SPU chapter.

Earlier this week, I sat down and chatted with Gabrielle Webb, first year fashion merchandising student and up and coming blogger. Known for her killer style and bubbly personality, Gabrielle brings joy and excitement to the SPU community. At the start of 2016, Gabrielle began gabrielleauroraa.com, a fashion, lifestyle, and faith blog.

Favorite part of Seattle?

Pikes Place and shopping downtown. It’s so trendy and such a cool place to be. When I’m downtown I feel like I’m in New York City! One of my favorite photo shoots I’ve done was in the middle of Pikes. I loved shooting in the middle of all these people bustling around.

Best part of being a Falcon?

The community! The professors are awesome here and everyone is so nice. The environment is artistic and inspiring to me as a blogger.

What made you want to start your blog?

I want this to become my career. It’s just what I love to do. I love fashion and talking about The Lord. Being at SPU, I have so many resources available. Here I have a great team of photographers and editors as well as plenty of amazing places to shoot.

What are your future plans for your blog?

I have very high goals for my blog. One day, I want to reach a million subscribers. Until then I plan to continue partnering with different companies and designers to expand on what I have built so far. I hope to attend fashion week in the near future and blog about that. It’s a big goal of mine to go to Paris Fashion Week.

Three things you can’t live without?

Gluten free “yum yums”

The Bible

Cute shoes

What is something most people don’t know about you?

I love black and white movies! My mom and I used to watch them all the time together.

Two pieces of fashion advice SPU students need to know?

Please do not wear pajamas to Gwinn! You can still look super cute and be comfy at the same time. Just throw on some leggings and a hoodie and you’re good to go. Topknots are always a great option for when you don’t want to do your hair.

Invest in a good pair of boyfriend jeans! You can pair them with everything! They are super trendy. I love to pair them with a white shirt, a leather jacket and a pair of black booties.

Sarah Maberry is a fashion writer based in NYC. She is graduating in 2019 with a dual degree in Fashion Business Management from FIT and Apparel Design and Merchandising from Seattle Pacific University. Sarah started her writing career at the SPU Chapter of Her Campus and has since worked with various publications for event coverage and style writing. When she isn't busy writing she loves running, watching That 70's Show, and finding the best $1 pizza in Manhattan.
Fashion merchandising student at Seattle Pacific University where I aspire to become a bridal stylist, fashion stylist or trend forecaster. Other hobbies of mine include photography, sketching, and blogging . Follow my style blog at www.stylistinseattle.com