This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SPU chapter.

We’ve all heard of them, and most of us have been hurt by them. As a woman in college, you’ve most likely experienced personally or through a friend, the hurt from one of these guys. These types of men that draw you in, make you constantly think about them, and then throw you to the curb, these are the men we are going to shed some light on.

They are called, “Fuckboys”.

Seattle Pacific University Junior informs us that if she were to teach a course on men it would be titled, “Fuckboy 101” and here are the lessons it would entail.

Lesson 1: They are all fuckboys

Lesson 2: Yes, even him, don’t be fooled.

Lesson 3: He will never find the clitoris.

Lesson 4: Don’t send nudes because he will share them.

Lesson 5: If he won’t hold your hand in public, you don’t mean anything to him.

Lesson 6: There is a difference between protective and possessive.

Lesson 7: Judge him based on the company he keeps, and judge him hard.

Lesson 8: Don’t use sex as a weapon, it should be fun for the both of you.

Lesson 9: Texting shouldn’t feel like a game. When you play a game, there has to be a loser.

Lesson 10: If he doesn’t make you feel good more than he makes you feel bad, he’s a permanent Fuckboy.

Lesson 11: If he tells you “I don’t want to hurt you” or “I’m going to hurt you”, it really means I’m too immature and inconsiderate and selfish to stop you from being my convenience if you’re willing to be, and I will take advantage of you if you’ll let me. But now because I said this, I can remind you when you complain I hurt you, that I warned you.

Lesson 12: Let’s repeat number 11 again, just in case you didn’t really hear it.

Lesson 13: If you can’t trust him with his ex, say goodbye.

Lesson 14: If he can’t trust you with your ex, say goodbye to your ex. Live for your future not your past, and if you’re making your man uncomfortable, you need to examine what you’re doing before you call him crazy and possessive.

Lesson 15: If you wouldn’t be proud to have a son like him, don’t stay with him.

Lesson 16: If he treats you in a way you wouldn’t allow your daughter to be treated, don’t stay with him.

Lesson 17: If they actually want to hang out with you, they will go out of their way to hang out with you. If they’re all talk and no follow through be honest with yourself and stop investing in him.

Lesson 18: If you tell him how you feel and he laughs at you, don’t stay with him. Don’t keep people in your life who make you feel invalidated and inferior.

Lesson 19: If you make more than 2 excuses for him in an interaction, you’re in a relationship with yourself.

Lesson 20: If you have to lie about him to your friends, why are you with him?

Lesson 21: If he doesn’t ask if you’re comfortable with every physical thing you do before you do it then he doesn’t care about you, just what you will do for him.

Lesson 22: If he pushes you instead of pushing you to be better, get out.

Lesson 23: If he does terrible in school he’s showing you that he has no self-discipline, pay attention to how willing he is to do what’s good for him, especially if there is no immediate gratification.

Lesson 24: If your family and friends don’t like him, ask yourself why.

Lesson 25: If you don’t feel comfortable asking, “what are your intentions with me?” then you probably already know them.

Lesson 26: If you can’t look at his snapchat best friends or twitter favorites without worrying then he doesn’t care enough about you to make sure you’re comfortable.

Lesson 27: If you don’t trust him, leave. If you don’t respect him, leave. If he doesn’t trust you, leave. If he doesn’t respect you, leave.

Lesson 28: Opposites attract, and then they attack. If you don’t have common interests eventually it will catch up to you.

Lesson 29: If he tells you he doesn’t like what you are wearing, or who you’re hanging out with, or what you’re watching, get out.

Congratulations on finishing the course, the final will be next Wednesday, make sure to study and apply this to your everyday life. You will need it to navigate through the sea of immaturity.

“For extra credit remember, he cannot be your poison and your medicine and that there is a difference between him saying ‘I love you’ and talking about a future with you,” said Junior, Emily Ballesteros. “Know the difference.”

See you at the final.

— Blair Cody & Emily Ballesteros

Hello world! I am Samantha, and I'm a junior Journalism major and Fashion Merchandising and Apparel Design minor at Seattle Pacific University. I was born and raised in Honolulu, Hawaii, and lived there for 16 years before moving to the PNW. I competed in figure skating for 16 years, and now teach students of all ages how to figure skate. I am is also greatly involved in the Seattle Dance community, performing on three different dance companies including Breed Seattle, Westlake Dance Theater/Twisted Elegance, and Ante-Up Performance Group. I am currently the President of an up-and-coming club at the University, Ante-Up Dance Club, that is greatly involved in on and off campus events. I love anything and everything fitness, fashion, and dance related.