This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SPU chapter.

As November begins, the holidays are right around the corner. But before we start trimming the tree and decking the halls, I wanted to take one last look at Halloween 2023 and all the killer costumes we saw this year from our favorite celebs.

I don’t think I’m alone in thinking that the costumes this year were iconic across the board! From amazing pop culture references, to some of my favorite character costumes, these celebrities out did themselves. Here are some of my favorites, in no particular order, with a link to articles further discussing the costume with pictures!

1. Kelsea Ballerini as Cowgirl Barbie

As many of us predicted, Barbie was the #1 costume of the year, with the Barbie movie being the smash hit of the summer. There was actually quite a bit of talk about how this costume would be too popular, causing many people to avoid it in an effort to be more original. So I was surprised to be such a huge fan of Kelsea Ballerini’s costume choice! She perfectly resembled Margot Robbie’s portrayal of Barbie from the movie, and she looked stunning. If anyone can pull off this look it would be her!

https://people.com/kelsea-ballerini-wears-barbie-halloween-costume-inspired-by-margot-robbie-photos-8383131

1. Kim Kardashian & North West as Cher & Dionne from Clueless

While we know the Kardashian-Jenners always go big for Halloween, this year we got to see Kim Kardashian partnered up with her 10-year-old daughter North West, dressed up as the iconic duo from Clueless! As this is personally one of my favorite movies, I was so excited to see this costume from the mother daughter duo. Both in perfectly recreated plaid outfits designed by Dolce & Gabbana, the two absolutely nailed it! 

https://www.elle.com/culture/celebrities/a45696774/kim-kardashian-north-west-clueless-halloween-costume-pics/

1. Taylor Lautner & Taylor Lautner as Pete Davidson & Timothee Chalamet on SNL

This one is definitely more of a niche reference but if you get it, this costume is gold! Taylor Lautner and his wife, Taylor Lautner went all in this year, by paying homage to Pete Davidson and Timothee Chalamet in their iconic Saturday Night Live skit, “Rap Roundtable”. With the pink and blue wigs and all, the couple perfectly pulled off the hilarious look, even recreating part of the skit in a TikTok video.

https://www.gossipherald.com/news/15340-watch-taylor-lautner-taylor-dome-recreate-timothe-chalamet-pete-davidson-rap-for-halloween

1. Ice Spice as Betty Boop

A classic costume, totally meant for her! Ice Spice killed it with her spot on Betty Boop costume, even trading in her iconic orange curls for a short black bob. Not only did she look amazing, she stayed super accurate to the 1930’s cartoon character!

https://www.cnn.com/2023/10/30/entertainment/ice-spice-turns-heads-in-a-racy-betty-boop-halloween-costume/index.html

1. Sabrina Carpenter as Rapunzel from Tangled

With her long blonde hair, who better to dress up as Rapunzel? Sabrina Carpenter beautifully executed her costume of the Disney princess, to the point where fans are now hoping she will portray Rapunzel in a future Tangled live action movie. Not only did she have the look down, but she even carried around a frying pan to fully become the character! 

1. James Charles as Van Gogh Painting

Of course I had to include an incredible Halloween makeup transformation in this list, and what better than James Charles’ Van Gogh Costume! Not only did he hand paint his suit (and face!) but he also included a picture frame to fully sell the look of Vincent Van Gogh’s self portrait. 

1. Kourtney Kardashian as Kim Kardashian at the 2013 Met Gala

Playing off of the intense sibling rivalry of this past year, a pregnant Kourtney Kardashian took the opportunity this Halloween to dress up as her sister Kim Kardashian in one of her most iconic pregnancy looks. Sporting the exact same dress and shoes, Kourtney recreated Kim’s 2013 Met Gala look that she was mercilessly mocked for online, many saying it looked like she was wearing a couch! Amidst the sisters’ current drama over copying each other, this costume was hilarious with many fans commenting things like, “She stole her wedding country, and she stole her Met Gala look. Iconic. Truly.” 

https://www.elle.com/culture/celebrities/a45672247/kourtney-kardashian-recreates-kim-maternity-met-gala-look-halloween-costume/

To wrap up this list of the highlights of Halloween 2023, I have to mention my last two favorite couples costumes. While these aren’t celebrity costumes, they are costumes of different celebrities, and I think they really made this year’s Halloween! 

1. Taylor Swift and Travis Kelce

First of all, costumes of the internet’s favorite new celebrity couple, Taylor Swift and Travis Kelce were everywhere this year! Fans of all ages dressed up as the couple either in their performance/game day attire, or in their street clothes from their numerous paparazzi photos. A perfect, timely, and iconic costume!

Click here for the link.

1. Hailey & Justin Bieber 

Maybe one of the funniest costumes of the year, many couples dressed up as a very specific paparazzi moment for Hailey & Justin Bieber. The photos were taken of the couple showing up to Hailey’s Rhode launch event, where Hailey is in an elegant red dress and Justin is in sweats and crocs! The photos launched a conversation for fans as many were poking fun at the fact that the couple never seems to be dressed for the same event! 

Overall, everyone killed it with Halloween costumes this year! Halloween 2023 was one for the books! 

Katie is a transfer sophmore at SPU, majoring in Early Childhood Education. She is from the San Francisco Bay Area, and spent the last two years as a youth ministry intern, working with middle school students and guiding them through the challenging pre-teen years. This is Katie's first year writing for HER Campus, and she is excited to join the team! She loves all things pop-culture and is looking forward to writing about topics she is interested in. In her freetime, Katie enjoys discovering new coffee shops, reading, watching sunsets, traveling, and going to concerts! She is a major Swiftie (Taylor Swift Fan) and her favorite TV show is Gilmore Girls.