Trader Joe'S
Trader Joe'S
Jocelyn Hsu / Spoon

Add These Items to Your Trader Joe’s List

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SPU chapter.

Growing up in a small town in Colorado, the nearest Trader Joes was four hours away. I’d only heard of it a couple of times and it wasn’t until I moved to Seattle that I realized what I was missing out on my whole life. Now, it’s safe to say that I go at least twice a week for two reasons- to buy the stuff that I actually need and to wander the aisles for anything that catches my eye to  throw in my cart. Here are some of my favorite Trader Joe’s items that you need to add to your grocery list ASAP.  

SNACKS

Milk Chocolate Covered Mini Pretzels

• Whenever I’m craving something sweet, a couple of these pretzels are perfect! There’s also a dark chocolate version if you’re looking for something a little less sweet. Nothing can beat the sweet and salty flavor profile.

Hummus

• Trader Joe’s has SO many different options but the Tomato Basil, Roasted Garlic, and Buffalo hummus are my favorites.

Chili Lime Flavored Rolled Tortilla Chips

• These are dangerous. That is all I have to say. They remind me of Takis but a little less spicy!

Organic Popcorn with Olive Oil

• Although I didn’t love this popcorn at first, it has slowly become addicting and I have no idea why.

Chocolate Coconut Almonds

• I rarely buy these because when I do, I eat all of them within an hour and it’s the best hour of my life. 

GROCERY PRODUCTS

Vegan Kale, Cashew, and Basil Pesto

• I have officially found my favorite pesto. Mix this with some TJ’s chicken sausage, bell peppers, and pasta, and you have yourself a perfect dinner.

Honeycrisp Apples

• I’m not sure what it is about the apples at Trader Joes, but these ones are literally the best. They’re great plain or with some peanut butter!

Coconut Oil

• I’ve recently started substituting coconut oil for butter in a lot of my recipes and it’s been the best tasting decision ever.

STAPLES

Thai Curry Simmer Sauce

• One of my favorite things to make for dinner. I mix this with some chicken, add green beans, and serve it over rice. 

Everything But The Bagel Seasoning

• This stuff is my FAVORITE. It’s perfect on eggs, avocado toast, chicken, or soup.

Almond Butter

• I think I like this more than peanut butter. For breakfast, I toast some bread, spread almond butter, and top with bananas and honey. So good!

Pizza Dough

• Making your own pizza is so easy now. Roll out the dough, add some pizza sauce, and your favorite toppings and you will be happy you didn’t order delivery.

FROZEN PRODUCTS

Chocolate Croissants

• I swear by these. Let them rise before you go to bed and bake them in the morning for the perfect treat. Plus, they make your kitchen smell amazing!

Frozen Indian Entree Dinners

• Considering that these meals are frozen, they are actually really delicious. I keep some in my freezer for when I want something easy. 

Gone Bananas

• Frozen dark chocolate covered banana pieces. You really can’t get much better than that. And they’re only $1.99.

Butternut Squash Mac’n’Cheese

• I really don’t know why this tastes so good, but it does and that is all you need to know!! It also sounds a lot healthier than regular mac’n’cheese, so that’s a plus.

DRINKS

Spiced Chai Black Tea Concentrate

• I’ve recently started to enjoy iced chai but don’t love spending $5 on one at a coffee shop. Now, I just mix this concentrate with milk and I’m good to go.

Earl Grey Tea

• For some reason, TJ’s has the best black tea. It’s a little bit sweeter than regular earl grey tea and perfect for making homemade London Fogs.

Grapefruit Secco

• These Secco Bellini’s are by far my favorite beverages. It’s perfect poured over some ice and enjoyed with a meal.

Matcha Green Tea Mix

• Are you tired of going and spending $5 on a matcha latte everyday? Well, you’re in luck because this TJ’s mix makes the creamiest latte and pairs well with oat milk!

Hi everyone! I am currently a third year International Business undergraduate at Seattle Pacific University with an interest in marketing, management, advertising, and social media. In my free time I enjoy taking pictures, traveling with family and friends, and finding new coffee shops.