How To Handle School After Spring Break

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Spelman chapter.

It can be extremely difficult to get back into the school groove after being off for a week during spring break. You’re staying out late, sleeping in, and school and homework are probably the very last things on your mind.

Sitting in class on Monday morning is going to be tough, so here are a few tips to help make the back to school transition a little easier!

Number 1: Keep a positive attitude

Being Little Miss Sunshine in class after a week of fun in is definitely easier said than done. But, a great attitude goes a long way. Tell yourself every morning that you will have a great day, no matter what the circumstances may be. This mentality really does help!

Number 2: Revamp your Wardrobe

Having a cute outfit definitely makes going to class a little more enjoyable. Since it’s officially warm in Atlanta, you can bring out all of the spring/summer clothes you’ve been itching to wear. Grab those sundresses, shorts, and tank tops that have been hiding in your closet. The spring is also the perfect opportunity to totally change your style, so use this as an excuse to go shopping for some new pieces. (P.S. Online stores like Forever 21 and Boohoo are having ridiculous sales right now to bring in the new season, so take advantage of these sales! Your wallet will thank you later. )

Number 3: Get Organized

Having an organized school life makes being a student so much easier. So, if you were unorganized before spring break, now is the time you make sure you have everything in order. Make to-do lists, utilize sticky notes, and keep a planner with you at all times. Having these items will make you aware of the assignment or commitments you have to fulfill on a daily basis. This will definitely help you get on track after spring break.

Number 4: Realize that School is Almost Over

The one good thing about coming back to school after break is realizing that you really don’t have that much time left in school. The spring semester is nearly over! Knowing this should hopefully inspire you to work hard, so that you have awesome grades at the end of the semester. There are only a few weeks left, so hang in there. You can make it through!

Endia Hayes is a junior, Sociology and Anthropology major at the illustrious Spelman College. An aspiring college professor with hopes on earning her PH.D. in Sociology, Endia is a scholar activist and UNCF Mellon Mays Fellow who believes that through education anyone can change the world. If you see or know of an issue, take a stand because the world will continue to turn with or without your impact. She loves all types of music, however, she is convinced Ella Fitzgerald and Louis Armstrong are the best duo of all time. Les Miserables is the absolute BEST musical and no one can convince her otherwise.I am not longer accepting the things I cannot change. I am changing the things I cannot accept ~ Angela Davis