This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Spelman chapter.

(photo courtesy of Ehidebamen Uadiale)

A wise woman once said when you look good you feel good. On Spelman’s campus every woman has her unique style that makes her feel good. Whether her style is boho chic, sweet and sexy or thrifty, when they hit the scene every Spelmanite is turning heads.

Samaiya Butler, known by her friends as Sammy, is Spontaneous. Famous for constantly serving looks across any and every social media platform, this first-year student can be spotted turning Spelman College into New York Fashion Week any week.

Her fashion is influenced heavily by the goddess known as Rihanna, a person whose style she describes as “untouchable.” When asked whether she was a baddie on a budget or if she was bad and bougie she replies, “Both honestly! I literally shop everywhere, from Forever 21 and Charlotte Russe to Saks Fifth and Neiman Marcus to ANY Black owned business. I don’t have any favorite stores, I honestly buy what I like. It can be at any store/shop! It’s all about finding what works for you,” Butler responds bubbily.

In an era where thrifting is the new rave, Butler chooses to keep her closet spiced up with a little of everything. Not only does she shop at our favorite affordable stores and high end shops, she also makes sure she shops inside of her community and aids black businesses.

“Supporting black businesses is a must. Support your brothers and sisters first. You never know the unique pieces you’ll find,” she concluded.

Well Sammy has definitely found what works for her, keep up with her looks by following her on Twitter and Instagram @samaiyaaa.

Hey there! My name is Ehidebamen but don't twist your tongue I just go by Deba (Daybuh). I'm rising sophomore political science and comparative women's studies double major at the one and only Spelman College who likes to write in her spare time! Twitter/Instagram: @ehidebamen
Hey hey guys! My name is La'Candis, but I usually go by Candis. Hailing from the countryside of Monroe, Louisiana its no surprise that I love my sugar cane sweet tea and zydeco music. Currently, I am a Junior Political Science major with a minor in writing at the Illustrious Spelman College. Upon obtaining my undergraduate degree next Spring I intend to pursue a career in journalism.