Campus Celebrity: Bria “Brady” King

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Spelman chapter.

Well-known senior Bria “Brady” King is this week’s campus cutie. Affectionately known as “Brady” to fellow Spelmanites many consider Brady one of the most endearing people they have ever met. She’s always on the go for the right reasons and when she does take a break from studying, volunteering and participating in student organizations. Overall, many students would say “Brady” is an awesome Spelman sister because she is always supportive in helping others wheither it is with homework or an organization event. Meet our first official Campus Celebrity, “Brady”!

Name: Bria “Brady” King

Major: English Minor: Economics

Classification: Senior

Hometown: Virginia Beach, Virginia

Dorm: Off Campus

Relationship Status: Taken

What is your secret Talent? 

I’m a great cook, and I love making different types of quiche!

What is your favorite food? 

More Like my favorite meal, I love brunch. Brunch is undoubtably my favorite meal because it’s at the perfect time of the day ( not too late or early) and elongates the time its acceptable to eat pancakes, eggs and drink mimosas.

What profession did you want to be in when you were younger? 

I wanted to be a vegetarian because I was in *love* with anything cute and fury. 

What organizations are you involved with on campus? 

I serve as Miss Spelman, 2nd Attendant; President of the Spelman Chapter of B.R.A.G. (Black Retail Action Group); Member, Delta Sigma Theta Sorority Inc; Member, Morehouse Business Association. I hold all of my organizations near to my heart but if I was to choose I would say my sorority and my campus court. These organizations are extremely different but tie in my love for sisterhood and my college.

What is your ideal superpower? 

If I could, I would time travel. As far as time travel, I wouldn’t necessarily travel to a specific time in the past but I would certainly use my powers to prevent some disasters that have effected or world.

Is there anything that you’re afraid of? 

Yes! The Dark. Scary movies are the root of my fear! I have flashbacks from my childhood of watching shows like “Are You Afraid of the Dark” and the fear has stuck to this day.

If you could be any animal what would you be and why? 

I would be a horse, because they are absolutely majestic, beautiful and strong.

What are your favorite flavors of ice cream? 

I love cookie dough and butter pecan!

What would you say you love the most about Spelman? 

The diversity and inspiration for sure. To some Spelman College could simply be seen as a predominantly Black all Women’s College, but the students faculty and staff are in fact very complex and diverse as we come from all over the world and bring different talents, languages, skills, appearances and view points.

What is your ultimate goal? 

My ultimate goal is to find true happiness and fulfillment. Happiness is subjective, but for me its simply finding joy and purpose in all aspects of my life from relationships to my career to hobbies and service.

Karys Belger is an English Major and Drama Minor at Spelman College. A Maryland native, Karys has had an interest in writing, journalism, and communications from a very young age. By the time she graduated high school, she was one of the editors of her high school year book. In addition to Her Campus, Karys writes her own blog 'Miss Perspective'. As a Bonner Scholar, Karys actively engages her campus and the surrounding area through community service initiatives. Additionally, she serves as the Social Secretary, Historian and Community Service liaison for the Miss Spelman Advisory Board and is the Community Outreach Chair the Spelman Chapter of the Feminist Majority Leadership Alliance. Recently, she was inducted into Sigma Tau Delta National English Honor Society, Omega Xi Chapter. Her ultimate goal is to become a reporter and cover the hard-hitting news stories both at home and abroad.
Danyelle Carter has always been excited about building beneficial relationships, sharing stories and managing her best self. She is an aspiring publicist majoring in Comparative Women's Studies at her dream school, the illustrious Spelman College in Atlanta, GA. She chose to continue her education at Spelman after graduating summa cum laude from Miami Dade College with a joint associate degree in Mass Communications and Journalism. Currently a junior at Spelman, Danyelle hopes to bring contemporary perspectives to commercial appeal by pursuing entrepreneurship of owning her own firm. If you ask her what her aspirations are, her eyes would light up, her smile would widen and she would squeal: "to be the Communicator-in-Chief of my own PR/Social Interaction agency!"