Thurston Robertson ’15

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Southern Miss chapter.

He is an ambitious man who goes after what he wants in life and he never wants to go to bed wondering “what if?” Meet Campus Cutie, Thurston Robertson. 

Classification: Sophomore 
Major: Sociology 
Minor: Psychology 
Hometown: Benton, Miss.
Relationship status: Single

HC: What’s your favorite place on campus?

Thurston: The hub, it helps me stay in the know of what’s going on around campus.

HC: What is your favorite movie?

Thurston: I would honestly have to say my favorite movie would have to be the Harry Potter trilogy. Just the thought of alternate worlds does something to me! (laughs) Don’t judge me.

HC: How do you manage to keep your temper when you are provoked?

Thurston: I tend to smile and think if there’s a way to keep something from being more uncomfortable for me and others, and if I can’t think of a way then, I’ll just smile and walk away.

HC: What makes you laugh?

Thurston: Ha, Sarcasm! It’s a pretty neat quality to possess if it’s used right.  My brother and I are pretty good at it toward each other, so if you can live up to that, we’ll be great buds I’m sure!

HC: Describe yourself in 3 words or less?

Thurston: Caring, ambitious, driven  

HC: What is one thing about you that most people don’t know?

Thurston: A lot of people would never guess that I am a huge fan of food and just over all eating.  I like to use my creativity and let that come off with what I eat and cook. I guess people have this perception of me because I am so small (in weight that is).

HC: What is a pet peeve of yours?

Thurston: When individuals say they don’t like something and they haven’t experienced the situation.  I just think you never know what you may like if you haven’t done, tried it.  I never thought I’d like sushi growing up until I tried it, and now it’s one of my favorite foods. Lesson learned!

Kaisha Brown

Southern Miss

Kaisha Brown is a sophomore at the University of Southern Mississippi. She is a Journalism major with emphasis in Public Relations. She is a native of Oma, Mississippi where she attended Lawrence County High School. She is also a member of Relay for Life and the Baptist Student Union. In her free time she loves to write, text, read, play sports, and watch movies. She is outgoing, kind, outspoken, very driven and loves to spend time with her family and friends.
Crystal Garner

Southern Miss

Crystal Garner is a sophomore at the University of Southern Mississippi studying Broadcast Journalism and Computer Science. She is the Campus Correspondent and Editor-In-Chief for the Southern Miss Chapter of HerCampus.com, the on-air host of Southern Miss Today at WUSM 88.5, a Campus Editor at Uloop.com, a former English TV/Africa production intern at Voice of America, and an ambassor for Freshmansupport.com. She enjoys writing, reporting, and traveling. Her work has been publish by USA TODAY, Huffington Post, Uloop.com, and local newspapers in her hometown of Meridian, Miss. She hopes to one day serve as an international correspondent.  Keep up with her at Shesagarner.com